TWENTY-FIVE (Ending)

Carmen gazed at the familiar and tattered land where the battle between herself and Typhon began.

'We are back,' Artemis made her presence known in her mind.

''I wonder how you remained a beast without the curse,'' Carmen asked as she was curious about many things.

Like the realm of gods,

Where Typhon came from,

Why she and Artemis are Athena's reincarnations?

What happened to Athena during her disappearance?

In the end, many questions were unanswered, though she knew the truth about the main ones. Carmen still sighed at that thought.

'Well...It seems there are many secrets we still do not know about,' Artemis mentioned.

''But that is not the main issue now,'' Carmen mumbled as she glanced at her body.

Naked.

She is bare and naked.

'...S-Sorry,' Artemis's voice sounded like a cough.

'I had to shift to both forms to defeat Typhon,' She defended herself immediately.

''Well,'' Carmen groaned.

It was a usual occurrence for werewolves to be naked after shifting, so it wasn't embarrassing for her, especially after seeing rogues shifting in the middle of a fight.

''I will shift to avoid many eyes,'' She mumbled and started walking to the castle.

'But, I hope they have found Conrad,'' She narrowed her eyes to the castle roof.

As she walked, she heard fast footsteps coming in her direction, and her body unconsciously went on guard for enemies.

Just as Carmen was about to dash to fight the person, a familiar scent wafted her nose, and she stiffened immediately.

A scent she was very familiar with,

Her mate, Conrad.

Feeling the arms that hugged her naked body tightly, Carmen didn't waste time and did the same to him.

She hugged him and buried her head into his chest, sniffing the scent she had missed.

Conrad did the same by burying his head in the crook of her neck and sniffing her scent.

She missed Conrad.

When Typhon lunged a surprise attack on the Lycan Kingdom, Carmen didn't know what to do as she was still clueless about how to defeat Typhon, and Conrad was missing. She was scared.

'But you are okay,' Relief, joy, and happiness washed over her body as she hugged him tighter.

''You are okay?'' Conrad voiced her thoughts.

''Hmmm,'' Carmen answered.

''You?'' She asked back.

''Hmmm,'' His breath tickled her breath as he answered.

''B-But,'' His voice felt rough and weird that she had to raise her head to his red face.

''What?'' Her head tilted, and she stared at him, confused. But he turned his head to the other side.

Conrad draped a shirt on her body before facing her with his red face.

At his actions, Carmen suddenly remembered her little situation before moving her fingers and feeling his chest which was muscled and bare.