EIGHT

''How long have I been sealed?'' Artemis mumbled, laying on nothing in the void.

She stared at the abyss, and the abyss stared back at her.

'I still can't get used to seeing my actual body,' She thought, raising her hand and moving it sideways as she floated around in the void.

Because she knew something that wasn't supposed to be known by her, she turned into a beast with red eyes.

And the cause of everything was her enemy, Typhon.

Thanks to the Lycan god and the moon goddess sealing part of their powers in her, she was glad to see them in her actual body and not the beast's body before they closed up her memories.

''I wonder if my sealed self had met her,'' She spoke to no one in particular, recalling the connection she made with a host in the created world.

It was strange and weird yet exciting to experience the thrill of how the moon goddess deals with everything about her creatures.

Before the gods sealed her, she remembered hearing the call of someone, a loud cry of a child called onto her.

She remembered being scared and telling the moon goddess, but the moon goddess seemed surprised that she could hear someone from the supernatural world in the cursed state.

She also felt another connection to another person apart from her host, her mate.

She couldn't tell the creature's name, but she felt him, and the first emotion she felt was happiness in having someone by her side in this cursed state.

Talking with him, playing and joking, she didn't know how she became dependent on him, her unknown mate.

''Damien should have met her by now.''

'I hope his host doesn't do something foolish,' She pondered.

As she was thinking, bright light on the side of her face disturbed her thoughts.

She shielded herself with her hand until she could open her eyes well with the brightness of the light.

She squinted her eyes on the bright light till she saw herself as the image.

''W-What?'' She gasped.

Although it was herself, she knew this was not herself at the same time.

It was her host.

The image changed to the scenery of her host fighting rogues and playing with her family.

After that, the light disappeared.

And the scenery also disappeared.

Artemis looked at the spot where she watched her host's life and smiled for the first time in the void.

''She's like me,'' Artemis noticed their attitudes was somehow similar.

The light came to the same spot once in a while, and Artemis watched her host's life with her sealed self as the beast,

She saw her mate's host.

'He is handsome,' She thought, happily as she was used to seeing the beautiful and dazzling gods.

She doesn't want to get a heart attack with an ugly-looking mate.

But as time passed, Artemis noticed something, a small part of her body faded into the darkness.

Every time she watches her host's life, a part of her body fades away.

'The seal is coming off,' She murmured as she remembered a strange voice when the sealing took place. 

You will return when it is time because you will know.

Now she understood what that voice was trying to convey to her.

Her sealed body is gaining her memories, and her host gains them and her actual self through dreams.

Her host's body might have two people, but she and her sealed self are one in the same body.

Artemis was excited about leaving the darkness, for she didn't know how many years or generations the gods sealed her.

Another time, the light appeared, and it showed her enemy.

Her reason for hatred.

The cause of everything.

Typhon.

Even if he changed his appearance, she would recognize him at one glance.

She felt a wave of inextinguishable anger in her soul that wanted to burst out.

She needed to kill something at that moment.

But Artemis didn't know that, in the real world, her killing and hateful thoughts were controlling her host's body during the battle and that carmen had lost control of her body.

She also didn't know that during the times she wanted to kill something when she thought about what Typhon did, her host, carmen, loses control of her body.

And no one had an idea of that, including the gods.

Another chapter.

Enjoy!!