TWENTY (Brittney & Witches)

''Father,'' Brittney teared up at the sight of the bloody Lycan king in torn clothes, lying helpless on the cold floor behind the silver dungeon.

That was the first time she saw the strong and majestic Lycan King looking weak.

'Father, how could you?!' Her tears trailed down her cheek.

Although she knew the duke so well, after all, they were father and daughter. This time, Brittney wished her prediction was wrong.

The highest ranking noble after the Lycan king is a spy for the enemy. How ironic.

Sometimes she wished her father could put her and her late mother first before the family's wealth, status and reputation.

Why can't he do that?!

But it seemed impossible.

Chasing all the sad thoughts away, she took a deep breath with her dried tears before morphing her hand into her Lycan's and breaking down the silver bars.

''Hisss,'' Brittney's hand turned back to normal, but it was bleeding and injured thanks to silver.

Like werewolves, Lycans hate silver.

Ignoring the excruciating pain in her hand, Brittney walked forward and wanted to pick him up.

''Carmen,'' The Lycan king murmured as her hand was about to touch his shoulder.

Her hand paused, and Brittney smiled sadly, ''I am jealous.''

She was jealous of the growing love between Carmen and the Lycan king. And also Carmen.

Despite being abandoned, Carmen didn't waver during challenges, but Brittney did.

She gave up for a long time and chose to run away from reality.

''I am coward,'' She murmured before sighing and picking up the Lycan king.

Adjusting one of his shoulders to hers, Brittney took a deep breath before speaking,'' Your majesty's Lycan, I know you are awake. Although his majesty is not here, you are. I know you don't trust me after everything I have done, especially to miss carmen, but please, I am not the same as my father. I want to be happy even If I am not a noble, so please help me walk outside. I am sure Miss Carmen, your mate and her majesty the queen, is waiting for your safety.''

Yes, Brittney has accepted her fate as not being the queen, but Carmen is. She hates to admit it, but Carmen was born to be a queen and leader.

'So, please answer,' Brittney closed her eyes tightly for a moment before her legs moved one step on their own. Shocked, she opened her eyes quickly to see the Lycan king's leg trying to take another step walking, but his body was still resting on hers.

Smiling, she tightened her hold before taking the lead and increasing the number of footsteps before they could walk normally.

'It seems true,' She thought, remembering some talks in a restaurant about Lycans. If the host is asleep, the Lycan can be awake and slightly control the host's body.

''Anyway, let's get out of the mansion,'' She mumbled before increasing her speed.

WITCHES

Rose and Amelia heavily panted as they stared at the smiling Dimitra, who did not seem tired no matter what spells she used to attack or defend.

Clenching her fist, Rose gritted her teeth at the helplessness she felt in the face of the forbidden magic.

''It's funny,'' She murmured.

The magic they avoided, like a plague, is much stronger than the magic they used.

She can see why Dimitra became obsessed with the forbidden magic. It is limitless and won't drain you.

Witches love having magic like that, but you have to read, practice, and work hard consistently to get to that level.

Amelia has lots of magic. But she still struggles to control it and is not very knowledgeable about spells like Dimitra.

No witch is perfect with magic. Even the high priestess mentioned that she is not perfect like the witch goddess, but Dimitra wants to be.

Staring at the smirking Dimitra, Rose refuses to believe that there isn't a price to pay for having forbidden magic.

Just like the high priest said, Every magic comes with a price.

Being sleepy and tired for no reason when practicing magic is a price, according to the High priestess.

A witch must pay the price for using high or low magic.

'But what is the price for forbidden magic?' She pondered as Amelia summoned a barrier to block Dimitra's attack magic.

Recalling all the books about forbidden magic from the high priestess, She thought harder to remember as she added her magic to make a powerful barrier with Amelia.

As she was thinking and concentrating, Her whole body suddenly felt heavy, like someone was crushing it. The pressure was too much that she had to struggle to breathe normally.

''This feeling,'' Amelia's face paled beyond recognition as she shivered in fear.

''Oh? It seems Master is transforming into his actual body. For him to do that, it seems that woman is strong after all,'' Dimitra sneered as jealously flashed in her eyes.

''I can't believe you and amelia can feel it within this dimension,'' She smiled like the feeling was nothing.

'Liar,' Rose thought as she noticed Dimitra's trembling hands.

'Even Dimitra can't handle the pressure. It's like powerful magic crushing smaller one,' She thought as her breathing became slightly normal.

Rose paused for a moment before mumbling, ''I-I k-know.''

''I know the price she has to pay,'' She spoke well this time but not too loud for Dimitra to hear.

''Amelia, can you teleport all the witches from the battlefield to this dimension?'' Rose whispered to Amelia.

''I-I c-can, b-but m-magic w-will f-finish f-fas-st,'' Amelia stuttered because of fear.

''Please do it and concentrate. Don't worry. We will be able to defeat Dimitra this time,'' Rose looked at Amelia briefly before turning to Dimitra.

''W-what a-are you going to d-do?'' Amelia's fear subsided thanks to Rose's determined eyes, and she believed her friend, no matter what.

''We are going to fulfill my former friend's wish, having limitless magic,'' Rose answered confidently.

''Huh?'' Amelia was confused about her answer.

Another chapter guys.

Enjoy!