TEN

"Carmen, are you all right? "Conrad's voice brought me back to reality."

My eyes met his worried eyes as I cleared my throat to respond, ''Yes, I am."

Conrad didn't seem to believe me as his eyes narrowed before asking, ''Are you sure?''

My legs shifted from the floor to the left arm of the sofa as I replied, ''Yes I am.''

"Your expression doesn't say it after waking up in fright," Conrad pointed out as his hand tossed the papers on the table.

"I am okay, really," I convinced him, placing my head near the right arm of the sofa.

''I hope so,'' He murmured.

After adjusting from a seated to a lying position, I smiled slightly at him before turning to the other side on the sofa.

'Sorry, Conrad.' My lips went down once my face was out of his sight.

Although I want to include my family and mate in this newfound information, I can't seem to reassure myself that nothing will happen to them.

The curse made things a lot difficult for me. I realized that waking up in fright during the night after meeting Artemis.

The actual Artemis.

But she was not the reason for my frightful action, but it was the memory I experienced after.

The memory included Typhon chained down as he stared at Artemis with pure malice.

Like, the second he gets out of the chains, he will kill her immediately.

''I know she would choose someone to replace me, but I never want it to be you,'' Typhon stated.

His reason for that statement is unknown.

But it's confusing that he's after me yet hates the beast inside me.

''I don't know what to think anymore,'' I mumbled, dozing off to sleep.

----

''.....lene,''

''....elene,''

''Selene,''

The moon goddess, who was seated by a bronze fountain with mini statues of various gods surrounding the first and second basins of the fountain, turned to face the person calling her name.

 The moon goddess's eyes twinkled and her lips tugged up in amusement at a woman, ''Athena.''

''Why are you sitting by the fountain of the gods?'' The woman called Athena sat beside the moon goddess.

"Nothing," the moon goddess said, frowning as she turned to the gleaming water, "I am wondering what to create."

''You know everyone is expecting something from me as a god,'' The moon goddess looked at her appearance reflected in the water.

''What if I make a mistake during my creations?'' She asked.

Without responding, Athena stared at the side of her face and smiled silently at the moon goddess.

''You talk like an older person,'' Athena joked.

''Well, I am a god after all,'' The moon goddess giggled slightly.

''Hecate created beings called witches. Ambrogio created another called vampires. Lycaon recently created something called Lycans. And other gods are creating other species,'' The moon goddess complained. ''Many are criticizing me for being lazy.'' 

''What should I create?'' The moon goddess grumbled.

''Seleneroids,'' Athena quipped.

''Athena, this is a serious matter,'' The moon goddess frowned slightly  and looked at the woman.

'' Okay,'' Athena chuckled softly.

''Then create a being called werewolf,'' She stated.

''Were--what?'' The moon goddess said with slight disgust because of the name.

'What kind of name is that?' She wondered.

''Werewolf, I got the name from a friend,'' Athena said.

''Who?'' The moon goddess was slightly intrigued with the person who came up with a disgusting name.

''Someone called Iasonas.''

-----

My eyes fluttered open and I rubbed them before rising to sit on the sofa. Something moved down my body, and I turned down, noticing a fluffy blanket covering my lower body.

'Conrad,' My lips curled up silently.

I looked for him at his desk but it was empty.

''Where is he?'' I asked no one in particular before looking around the room.

'Maybe he went somewhere,' I thought.

My hands removed the blanket and I dropped my legs on the floor beforer slowly standing up.

''What a strange dream,'' I mumbled as my arms went over my head and stretched.

'Or is it a memory?' I pondered, dropping my arm.

My legs moved to the window and I stared at the scenery. 

'I wonder why I had that dream,'

'If it is a memory, it's going to be bothersome as there is no god with the name Athena as far as I know,'

' But if it is a dream...... then why did I dream about it?'

Many thoughts flowed in my head about the strange dream until the door to Conrad's office burst open.

''Y-Your m-majesty,'' Harrison ran into the room looking disheveled.

''What's wrong? Conrad is not here,'' I inquired, wondering about his appearance.

''Miss carmen,'' He looked at me like having found the source of hope.

''Please help the Lycan kingdom!'' His kneels went to the floor immediately.

His action surprised me and I wanted to yell at him but his next sentence made me choke on my words. 

''The kingdom is under attack.''

Another chapter, readers.

📢I would like to make an announcement, I might not post on monday due to school as it is resumption season.

I would be busy in arranging my schedule for school session, I might even change the update days.

But don't worry I am abandoning you guys, I am a wattpader for life.

Don't forget I added the word (might) readers.

Enjoy !