FIFTEEN (Carmen)

"Any word about the vice commander?'' Carmen asked Harrison in Conrad's office.

''No, Miss carmen,'' Harrison answered softly.

With folded arms, her hand grips her biceps at his words.

Biting her lower lip in frustration, She ordered, ''Report on the situation you received.''

''Yes, almost all nobles are in the hall with their families. I have received reports from each side of kingdoms, and the situation is getting worse because of a witch,'' Harrison said.

''Oh.... That witch,'' Carmen remembered the person who helped Typhon escape in their last battle.

''And rose and amelia have gone to their coven,'' She clenched at her biceps tighter.

The witches left immediately to their coven because of what Dimitra did to Amelia.

Lucky for them, The Lycan king was awake before they left, unless it would seem rude to go away without saying anything.

But she wasn't awake yet.

''But how is the witch, making battle not turning in our favor?'' Carmen asked, looking at the beautiful kingdom she once admired turning into a battlefield.

''She uses magic to summon more creatures, according to the report from warriors, coming from each side of the kingdom. Although they kill the enemy, the witch replaces the dead after they die, and the vampires, too, they are making the situation worse.'' Harrison reported.

'Talk about a bad timing,' she thought.

''The witches are gone, and Ryder too,'' Carmen mumbled.

''It seems I have to go,'' She unfolded her arms and moved after contemplating.

''I am afraid I can't allow that, miss Carmen,'' Harrison stood directly in her front to block her path.

''Harrison, you know I can kill you, right?'' Carmen narrowed her eyes at the bold man.

''I have experienced worse with the king, miss carmen, but I advise you not to go out yet,'' Sweat trickled on Harrison's head at the pressure carmen emitted.

'The gods paired them so well,'' Harrison inwardly sobbed as he remembered the days when he as to go against the king.

'Harrison, you want to die now, right?' Those were the king's words when things like that happened.

And the pressure he has to suffer every time......

Sometimes he wondered why has not quit his duty as the king's assistant.

''Well...'' Harrison gulped as he wanted to state his reasons, but it seemed today was also his lucky day as a knock stopped him from talking.

''Come in,'' Carmen turned her gaze to the door.

'Phew,' The pressure disappeared as Harrison sighed in relief and turned to the person he wanted to thank in his heart.

''Sorry to disturb, Commander, but Vice commander Aiden has entered the castle,'' A werewolf warrior stated at the entrance without entering.

At those words, Carmen forgot about Harrison and followed to place her brother's scent stayed stronger.

'He's alive,' Those words echoed in her head as she passed many people without looking at them.

Looking at the limping brown wolf with blood coated on his fur, Carmen hugged him immediately.

The Brown wolf, Bryan, laid his head on Carmen's shoulder as Aiden mind-linked her.

'I didn't expect my sister would miss me,' He teased her.

''Idiot,'' Carmen mumbled aloud and hugged him tighter.

She had to admit..... she was scared.

Conrad's disappearance wasn't assuring her, so that fear bloomed in her mind.

She was scared that her family would die in this battle,

Scared that she will be left alone again.

Whimpers broke her depressing thoughts, and she moved back slightly to see Bryan closing his eyes painfully.

''Sorry,'' She apologized immediately, staring him in the eye.

Aiden's wolf had the same height as her, almost as tall as an alpha.

''What happened?'' Carmen asked, brushing his fur softly and avoiding his wounds.

'Vampires,' Aiden answered in the mind-link.

Carmen furrowed her brows at his words and asked, ''How did you escape?''

She is happy that her brother is alive and well, but she wants to know because she knows werewolves can't kill vampires so easy.

Maybe one, but Aiden said vampires, meaning he managed to escape many of them.

''Yeah, that would be when I enter the conversation,'' A voice answered carmen's question.

Carmen turned in the direction of the voice and widened her eyes slightly at the man, ''What are you doing here?''

''Well, let's say an intuition that something bad was going to happen, so after reaching my territory, I sent a letter, and your mate didn't answer. I guessed something was wrong, but I didn't expect my intuition to be correct and guess who I found almost killed by vampires,'' The man explained with a smile.

''I see, thank you,'' Carmen nodded gratefully.

''Forgive me, but when I was trying to locate you in the castle, I overheard your conversation with your mate's assistant, and I want to help. It will be better if the vampires help as I brought some warriors with me,''

''They should be on the battle as I speak now,'' The man said.

''Also, I did see some witches on my way here. The bold one that I know sends her greetings and promises to help as much,'' The man added.

'Rose,' Carmen confirmed as she knew the bold person among the witches that he knows.

''Thank you,'' Carmen smiled slightly as this was the first good news apart from survivors in the castle.

The good news gave her hope that her sad and painful thoughts won't come true.

''Really, thank you, Ryder and all of you.'' She repeated.

Another chapter dear readers

Thank you for 1000 votes.

Enjoy!