FOURTEEN (Brittney)

Living in the prestigious Macquoid family of the Lycan Kingdom, Brittney was born with a golden spoon.

Her mother died when she was a baby, so she didn't know much about her. Nobody told her of her mother.

And her father, Duke Macquoid, didn't care about her.

From the servants' gossip, her parents were in an arranged marriage.

Her father must have seen her mother as a person to carry his bloodline.

And her mother....., Well she doesn't know anything about her apart from her family, a marquis family.

She isn't close to her mother's family either.

Lacking a mother and living with an indifferent father, she used the other thing that could make her happy.

Money.

Having anything with a word from herself, rather than trying to get her father's attention, who didn't care about her being except for the family's reputation, she resorted to buying expensive things.

Anything she wanted, she could get without trying. Even without her father's attention and love.

As the only young lady from the Macquoid family, her father would want her to continue the family's bloodline.

He expected her mate to be from a high-ranking family, like a marquis or higher like the royal family.

A count is still acceptable for him.

How does she know?

Well... he told her.

From his indifferent expression and lack of warmth in his voice towards her, she could tell her father didn't care about her one bit and only cared about the family's status, wealth and reputation.

But it seemed the Lycan god didn't answer his wish and got a baron.

The lowest noble status in the Lycan kingdom.

Her father didn't expect her mate to be a baron, and she didn't either.

Brittney had gotten everything she wanted at a young age, and the one thing she didn't get was a mate from a high-ranking family.

It was like a slap to her face.

Sometimes she thought the gods were against her as she didn't experience love from her family.

Although she had money to spend anyhow she liked, she couldn't deceive herself any longer.

She was lonely.

Looking at the commoners who had someone to love them regardless of their status, she thought they were luckier than her.

They are not bothered by many things, like her as a noble lady.

Knowing her father's expectations for her future mate and people's laughter behind her back when they hear of her mate, a baron, she did the next thing in her mind.

Rejection.

She knew her father's thoughts without him saying anything.

Although it was painful for her and her lycan, she had to do this for her happiness.

Since her mate was not reliable, her father turned his eyes to the next candidate, the king.

If she made the king fall in love with her and gave birth to the next heir, Brittney knew she could still be happy.

Being seated on the highest throne in the Lycan kingdom was the dream of every famale Lycans.

The only problem was if you were the king's mate or not.