SEVENTEEN(Carmen)

''Miss Carmen, thanks to the appearances of the vampires and witches, the battle is turning to our favor,'' Harrison said as I stood staring at the window.

I can't be sitting when a battle is going on.

''I know,'' I heard the warrior as he whispered to Harrison before leaving the office.

'That's good,' I was relieved with the good news.

Using Artemis' eyes, I tried to see what was going on.

'Again,' I thought as my vision distorted when I tried to do anything.

But it seems something grim is about to happen with this weird feeling in my body.

My body feels tired, too tired like it is turning numb.

Although it wasn't as bad as before, it worsened after I ran to Aiden.

'What's wrong with me?' I pondered, covering one of my red eyes.

''Miss Carmen, I think you should sit down,'' Harrison must have noticed my weird behavior.

''I am fine,'' I muttered, removing my hand.

''But his majesty....'' Harrison tried to talk.

''Harrison,'' I snapped my eyes to him before he finished that sentence.

He choked on his words at my voice.

I stared at him for a moment before looking at the window.

'But his majesty will be worried about you,' I thought of the words he would have used to complete that sentence.

However, Conrad is not here yet.

He is missing, and I can't afford to rest because of a little problem.

I have to be strong not for him only but for my family and others.

Some people are dying because Typhon is after me.

'I can't fail,' Gritting my teeth slightly, I clenched my fist determinedly.

Speaking of him...

''Conrad?'' I asked without looking at him.

''There is no news yet,'' Harrison stated sadly.

''I see,'' I answered.

''Aiden?'' I recalled his injured body before he left to fight again.

When I stared at his determined eyes, I knew there was nothing I could say to stop him, so I didn't talk and nodded.

Besides, We are warriors and born to fight.

''He came back with another group of survivors, according to the warrior,'' Harrison answered.

''My parents?'' I haven't seen Hunter and Scarlett since the beginning of the attacks.

''Elder Scarlett is assisting the doctors and physicians while Elder Hunter just left to fight again,''

''Hmmm,'' I nod.

'They will be fine, I am sure,' I consoled myself.

I took a deep breath before switching my violet eyes with the Artemis.

'Concentrate,' I felt the weird tiredness again, but the feeling is more.

''Looks like everything is good,'' I managed to stop the weird feeling and observe the battle.

'But...' I narrowed my eyes at the Lycans appearing in the place of their dead kind that some warriors managed to kill.

''It seems true,'' I mumbled, folding my arms.