TWENTY-THREE

'She came from inside my body?!' Carmen moved away from the appearing woman behind.

Staring at the woman with wide eyes, Carmen looked at Artemis before looking at the woman named Athena.'' W-Why do we look alike?''

Carmen couldn't help but notice the resemblance between the three of them. She was shocked as they looked like a family of sisters.

''Oh, I am shocked you noticed. Many in the realm of gods said I looked like Selene thanks to my silver hair and eyes.'' The woman named Athena smiled.

''You are reincarnation. No.... you and Artemis are her reincarnations,'' The moon goddess answered, staring at the smiling Athena.

''What do you mean by that?'' Artemis asked with her lips turned down and furrowed eyebrows.

The Moon goddess didn't answer her question as she stared at Athena, ''Is that why you said that at the fountain?''

Athena didn't answer but smiled in response.

''When Typhon as Iasonas helped me with my creations and everything was going well, you suddenly said if you die now, you will come back in the future. I didn't understand what you meant, but you disappeared one day. I couldn't feel you in the realms of gods. Typhon, no Iasonas, he killed you, didn't he?'' Tears like shining pearls fell from the beautiful moon goddess's eyes as she spoke sorrowfully.

''ANSWER ME! He killed you, didn't he? Why didn't you tell me? WHY?!'' The screams of the moon goddess echoed.

Silence.

Carmen and Artemis didn't know how to behave with the surprising behaviour of the moon goddess. This moment was somehow awkward for them.

''You really are beautiful, Selene,'' Athena smiled despite the crying moon goddess.

''....I couldn't talk. Iasonas had already done enough damage,''  Athena's smile disappeared as she spoke sadly. ''So I couldn't talk, even if I wanted to, he was stronger than me, any of our efforts would be futile, and you were so happy with your creations thanks to him.'

''That's for me to decide, not you. You had NO RIGHT! Athena,'' The moon goddess growled at Athena with dried tears.

''Well, let's see if I had the right or not,'' Athena said before turning to Carmen and Artemis.

''Yes, you both are my reincarnations. I had one in the realm of gods and another in the supernatural world,'' Athena revealed.

''The you dream you saw carmen was part of my life. I am happy you didn't see where Typhon and I fought,'' She smiled.

''Because of the curse?'' Carmen asked.

''No, that was part of the plan to prevent people from finding out about the truth. I had to make sure Selene didn't dig too deep into my disappearance and spoil my plans to defeat Iasonas, or should I call him Typhon now,'' Athena narrowed her silver eyes.

''But why was I cursed? I mean, I turned into a werewolf,'' Artemis was confused.

''The curse was for you. I needed you to join my reincarnation in the supernatural world,'' Athena answered.

''Eh?'' Artemis was confused.

''Do you remember what pushed you to hear of Typhon's sin?'' Athena asked.

''That feeling,'' Artemis recalled the intense feeling of meeting the gods at that moment.

It wasn't curiosity, but something was calling her at that moment.

''It was you!'' Artemis looked at Athena.

''Was that why the gods and I couldn't feel her when she was near?"' The moon goddess sought.