SEVEN

'' Selene, you know you have to choose a messenger,'' The Lycan god looked at the Moon goddess, frowning in a daze.

''Is it compulsory for gods to have messenger?'' The moon goddess grumbled.

''You should know that we can't speak to our creatures when they can't handle our presence,'' The Lycan god smiled slightly at the moon goddess.

''What of the oracles?'' The Moon goddess didn't give up.

''They can handle us,'' The Lycan god pointed out. '' Do not forget about the oracle of the dragon god who died because of his god's power,'' 

There was an incident like that but it happened a long time ago.

''Can't you choose for me?'' Selene stared at Lycaon.

''You should know that I can't choose for you,'' Lycaon looked pointedly.

Selene sighed in defeat and surrendered, ''Okay.''

''Wow, the great Selene is avoiding choosing her messenger,'' A peculiar voice made Selene's mood drop.

''Hecate,'' Selene muttered with annoyance at the witch goddess's appearance.

''Hello!'' The witch goddess waved her hand excitedly with a smile contrary to Selene's annoyance towards her appearance.

Hecate settled on the chair in front of Lycaon and smiled wider at Selene's frown towards her.

''You know we gods can't avoid this matter of messenger, Selene,'' Hecate said with a smile.

''I didn't know you were happy about my unhappiness,'' Selene stated sarcastically.

''Of course! I am happy when you are unhappy,'' Hecate ignored the sarcasm and answered, beaming.

''What are you doing here?'' Selene wanted to drive away the smiling witch goddess as she started to get on her nerves.

''Well, I wanted to remind you to choose your messenger as they are some lords who want to have that opportunity with you,'' Hecate answered.

Lords.

If gods are like an Alpha of a pack, the leader, then lords would be like the beta.

But in this realm of gods, a messenger has a higher status than a lord, since they are the second in command after their god,

''Why would they want to be my messengers?'' Selene asked confusingly.

''It seems you do not know your dazzling beauty as gone across the realm,'' Hecate responded. ''Even other god's creatures are fascinated by the beauty of the moon goddess.'' 

''No one can surpass the beauty of the moon goddess, they say,'' Hecate stated.

'Hmm?' The moon goddess thought of that statement and denied it immediately in her heart.

''Well, there is one person,'' Selene mentioned.

Hecate looked confused at her words for a moment before she had a look of realization.

''Yes! How could I forget her?!'' She exclaimed with her index finger pointed up.

''Finally, there is someone more beautiful than dazzling Selene,'' She smiled excitedly.

''Hmm,'' Selene's eyes softened, and she couldn't help but smile at the thought of that person.

''.......'' The forgotten Lycan god.

''Well, let's prepare for your choice of messenger,'' Hecate stood up and dragged the tired-looking Selene out of the room.

''........'' The left behind Lycan god.

Hecate walked briskly, dragging Selene behind her.

''H-Hecate, s-slow down,'' The moon goddess softly panted as the witch goddess stepped faster.

''Tsk, you know we have to choose a garment for you, right?'' Hecate looked back at the moon without stopping.

''Just... slow.... down,'' The moon goddess forcefully stopped her movement.

Hecate stopped when she felt Selene, stopped behind her, and sighed, ''Meet me at your garment room.''

Hecate left immediately.

The 'tired- looking' moon goddess looked at the disappearing back of Hecate before she straightened her back and mumbled, ''Stupid, gods can never be tired.''

She didn't walk toward Hecate's direction and followed another pathway.

Selene walked in a daze without concentrating, but her feet knew where to walk.

Suddenly she collided with someone and unconsciously used the light surrounding herself to stable both of them with a wave of her hand.

A black haired with white strands woman faced her with red eyes.

''Beautiful eyes,'' Selene murmured in a daze as she stared at them.

Realizing what she had done, she apologized for what she did, ''Oh dear me, I am so sorry, I walk around the realm in a daze sometimes, please forgive me.''

''It's okay,'' The woman muttered.

''No, it's not. I must give you a token of apology,'' The moon goddess insisted.

''It's okay,'' The woman repeated, trying to leave Selene.

But Selene blocked her way and insisted again, ''I must, please tell me your name.''

The woman didn't answer for a moment but sighed when she saw the determined look in the dazzling, beautiful lady's eyes.

''Artemis,'' She mumbled and left immediately in case Selene wanted to stop her again.

''Artemis,'' Selene whispered in a daze.

''What a beautiful name,'' She commented, staring at the back of the red-eyed woman.

Another chapter guys.

Post another two on Monday

Enjoy!