TWELVE (Aiden)

Splurt

The head of the rogue fell off its host body as Aiden turned swiftly to block the opened jaw with sharp canines by side kicking.

whimper

The rogue whimpered from the heavy impact of his kick and hit the side of a building, remaining dead on the floor.

Aiden glanced at the sudden gushing red liquid coming from the dead rogue's head.

Memories of his younger days when he was training to fight rogues pop up in his head at the sight of blood.

Especially since he had his first kill,

Unlike Carmen, who enjoyed her first kill, he did not, especially when he got expectations from many warriors.

It was expected, especially if you are the son of an elder.

With so many people expecting more from him, it was natural he would swallow his fear and disgust of rogues and work hard.

And part of his reason for working hard was for his father.

Mainly because he was the cause of his mother's death,

His father might not say anything, but he knew more than anyone that his father missed his mother dearly.

'You have her smile.'

He remembered that sentence from his father when he got a hard fighting stance for the first time, and his father smiled proudly at him.

Wiping the sweat from his forehead, he reciprocated the smile, and his father widened his shock before smiling sadly.

The incident happened at the age of ten.

And that was the time, he knew, even if his father put a strong facade in front of him. He was just like other werewolves.

Who wouldn't miss their mate when they died?

His father did very much.

Who wouldn't hate the cause of their death? The child.

Many might, but his father did not hate him but made him feel loved.

Also, his aunt helped in filling the motherly love that he needed.

And his adopted sister, carmen, filled the desire he craved from wanting a sibling.

When his father and himself stumbled onto carmen passed out, he was sensitive to his father's emotions and knew his father got angry.

Why?

From the pack doctor, he knew instinctively why his father got angry.

The scars on carmen's body were the reason for his anger.

His father was angry at the people who did that to carmen.

Just like his mother,

Maybe it was a bad memory for him, and seeing carmen like that must have triggered something sad.

-----

'I can't believe it was a memory,' Aiden thought amusingly after surveying the area for rogues.

The things he thought were a big deal die by his hands with ease.

Life is funny at times.

''Vice commander,'' A werewolf warrior pulled him out of his thoughts.

''Are you done?'' His eyes glanced at the warrior.

''Yes, this is Adytum village, according to the remaining villagers we rescued,'' The warrior reported. ''The east side of the kingdom.''

Aiden nodded at the warrior before faintly sensing something from the top and glanced up.

He widened his eyes at the creatures above them and side-kicked the warrior without notice before jumping backward.

Boom!

As he lands on the ground, the creatures arrive at their previous position.

Aiden coughed from the dust generated from the impact of their landing.

Looking at the two-legged creatures and the other one with bat-like wings, Aiden vaguely had an idea of the creatures.

A Lycan and Vampire.

Staring at their eyes shaded with black, he confirmed his targets.

But his sister said to avoid them.

'Well..that if they allow,' He thought, trying to figure out where to attack as the vampire disappeared without a sound.

'Where is it?' He tried to use his ear while focusing on the snarling Lycan. He couldn't get a single sound from the vampire.

''I think I understand why Sis warned me,'' He mumbled regretfully at his fate before jumping back to avoid the heavily landing Lycan.

As his feet were about to land on the ground. He heard a faint sound like a whoosh near his face,

He instinctively avoided by bending downward and falling to the ground.

Stopping his rolling body with a clawed hand, he moved away swiftly from the punch of the lycan to the ground where his head stayed.

Standing up hastily, he blocked the punch of the lycan with his fisted hand and inhaled painfully from the impact.

'How did carmen fight this?' He wondered.

Using the opportunity of this moment, he kicked the Lycan's chest backward and instinctively avoided the swoosh sound again.

Stepping on blood, he noticed the sliced neck of the dead warrior on the ground, who was with him.

'Dangerous,' He thought.

Thank the goddess, they managed to take the survivors from here, and the soldiers left with them on time.

At least many did not die as the enemies were rogues, and generally, Lycans are stronger than werewolves.

The survivors were capable of killing them till they arrived.

Sadly he was the only warrior that died among them.

'I need to leave,' Aiden narrowed his eyes at the Lycan.

'I might not be lucky next time,' He felt, trying to locate the invisible vampire.

Without a second thought, Aiden shifted into this wolf in the air before sprinting for his life.

And the creatures ran after him.

'Faster, Bryan!' Aiden shouted in the head of his wolf.

The running wolf obeyed the command of his host and dashed faster, leaving dust behind his trails.

Tommorrow will be a busy day for me so why not post a day earlier?

Thank you for 10k reads, dear readers.

Really thank you soooo much.

And as a reward for your support, I would add another chapter today.

Enjoy!