THIRTEEN (Harrison)

As the assistant and the closest person to the king of the Lycan kingdom, Harrison has seen many types of people, greedy and arrogant like some nobles and people who think the world is against them and feels jealous of what others have, like commoners in the kingdom.

Their commoner life does not satisfy them.

Although the kingdom follows the ancient hierarchy, the commoner's life in the olden days cannot compare to the life they are experiencing presently.

Nobles work but not as much as commoners to provide food on the table.

Maybe they do not like that nobles who do not hustle as much as they do are earning and enjoying life more than them.

He has given complaints to the king many times from the commoner council.

And they are also commoners that are richer than average commoners and could buy a noble title to feel special.

There are rich and poor commoners, wealthy and poor, or fallen nobles.

So many characters of people he has experienced all but one.

His majesty's mate.

Carmen Millers.

A powerful female werewolf with a Lycan who had a rough past,

He remembered his first experience with her, that aura emitting from her was more oppressive than the king.

Then he knew the rumors about her were correct.

But what disturbed him was his lycan that reacted to her like submitting and welcoming her.

It was weird.

He wanted to tell the king about it, but his majesty was also behaving weird that day, asking for a particular smell in the castle.

Harrison felt like that day was his bad luck as everyone within and around him was behaving weirdly, so he consulted Sarah, his mate, in their room.

And his mate looked at him like the biggest idiot in the supernatural world.

''Isn't that supposed to happen when you find your mate?'' she talked about the weird smell the king experienced.

It felt like lightning stroking his brain at the discovery of the king finding his mate.

''Oh,'' His mate realized what she said now.

And that discovery became correct at the welcoming banquet for the werewolves, and another thing happened.

The king's mate was the famous SANGUINEX, and the strange sensation he felt then with her on his first time had a reason.

The SANGUINEX was half-werewolf, half-lycan.

Being a powerful commander, having two beasts, and being the Lycan king's mate, many would think she won a lottery in life, but she did not.

With his majesty's hatred of werewolves thanks to the death of the former king and queen. He wasn't surprised by the cold atmosphere between the king and the commander.

But he was surprised that carmen weren't like the noble girls, especially Britteny Macquoid, who saw his majesty as a ticket to having power.

It seemed she wasn't strong on the outside but inside as well.

When he heard about her past, he remembered his first thought, 

why?

Why didn't she want the power?

To destroy the pack, her family, and mate that abused her through his majesty.

Yes, she had a status higher than the alpha who rejected her in the werewolf society, but the Lycan kingdom as the queen would be much more satisfying as she has the power of both.

Till now, he does not have the answer to his question.

He remembers his majesty asking him to tell his mate or any hidden guard to be checking on carmen,

Even if his majesty behaves like he doesn't care for his mate, he does.

He and Sarah knew more than anyone about his majesty, desiring someone who loved him for himself and not the power he would bring to the person, especially after the death of his parents.

Although Harrison wasn't there the day the incident happened, the rumors he heard about his majesty being the cause of the former king and queen for power was more than enough to know.

-----

And now, the same king was missing when the enemy attacked the kingdom.

Looking at His majesty's mate, Harrison took a deep breath before talking, ''Miss carmen, there is no word about his majesty.''

He also doesn't understand, the last thing his majesty told was not carmen sleeping on the couch, and they left the office.

He went to do his remaining work, and his majesty left for his room according to what he said if carmen looked for him.

After finishing his duties, he went to the king's room to ask for a document.

He knocked twice on the door, but no one answered.

That was strange as Lycans had a better sense of hearing than werewolves, so he entered the king's room as it wasn't his first time inside.

There was no one.

He could not sense anyone in the room.

Searching in all the rooms in the kingdom, he did not find the king at all.

Just as he was about to panic severely, a pale and frightened warrior added the worst news to the bad one he was experiencing.

Harrison wanted to panic so bad as the king was missing and the kingdom was under attack, carmen's face to his mind, and he dashed as his life depended on it to the king's office for her help.

Harrison blinked his eyes to focus on the present as Carmen's voice snapped him from his memory.

''You have checked all the training grounds in the castle?'' She narrowed her eyes to the window, standing without looking back at him.

''Yes, Miss carmen,'' He answered.

''Have you checked Nobles' houses?'' She asked.

''Miss carmen means.....'''Harrison widened his eyes at that question.

''Yes, there is a rat among the nobles that I need to kill, and I have one in mind,'' She sneered.

''The Lycan commander just came in with the survivors, right?'' She turned to him.

''Yes,'' He nodded.

''Bring him here, immediately,''

Enjoy!