FIVE

I stayed in the exact position, looking at the closed door.

'what phase?' I was confused.

I glanced at that same dark corner before going to the single couch and sat leaning forward with my elbows on the knee.

Both of my hands ruffled my hair as I sighed frustratedly.

'Everything is frustrating,' I realized, raising my upper body and leaning backward on the sofa with my eyes closed with my arms resting on the couch.

The reason I cannot know about Typhon's crimes is because of a curse, a curse that appeared out of nowhere.

''Why didn't they tell me at the beginning?'' I mumbled, thinking of my past conversations with the gods and their messengers.

I stayed on the couch for some minutes before sighing and standing up.

''Well, staying in one place is not going to fix things,'' I muttered in the empty room before adjusting my jacket and walking to the door to leave the office.

''His Majesty is not in the office,'' I said, passing the person walking in the direction of Conrad's office.

''I see, being the king's mate has given you more arrogance, Miss Carmen,'' The person spoke behind me.

' Hmm?' I  stopped, puzzled  and turned to see who dared to say that statement.

''Sorry?'' I uttered, looking at a man who seemed familiar.

' When have I seen him before? ' I pondered as his face reminded me of a noble in the Lycan kingdom.

''It seems you do not recognize me, and you are his majesty's mate going to be the queen,'' The man continued.

''A future queen who does not recognize a noble of her mate's kingdom, how disappointing,'' The man taunted.

'Why is he hostile to me?' I detected disdain in his eyes.

''My daughter was going to be queen until you came and destroyed everything,'' The man sneered.

When he mentioned that, Everything clicked as I could guess his identity and the hostility coming from him.

'Brittney's father,' I realized, noticing the resemblance between the father and the daughter.

''A low-born becoming the queen, how disgusting,'' He scorned.

''It seems you do not fear me, Duke Macquoid,'' I narrowed my eyes at the Duke.

''His Majesty treats the Macquoid family with respect,'' The Duke ridiculed. ''so who do you think you are for me to fear you, Miss Carmen?'' 

''I see. Then I won't waste your time, Duke Macquoid,'' I turned my back as I do not have time for an arrogant noble with his nose up.

'' My daughter will become queen, Miss Carmen,'' I ignored his remarks as I continued walking.

''I will make sure of it.''

''Hey,'' I heard as I opened the door to see Conrad walking out of the walk-in closet.

''Hi,'' I replied, closing the door.