Chapter 36 - Revisiting Riju

Chapter 36 – Revisiting Riju

Summary: As promised, Astra visits Gerudo Chief Riju in Gerudo Town to celebrate their victory over the Yiga Clan and as part of Astra's tour of Hyrule. Riju has a secret of her own to share, and Queen Zelda has an assignment for Astra while there.

It was late morning at Hyrule Castle, and Astra had just finished changing into travel clothes for her trip to Gerudo Town. She was wearing one of the outfits her mother had ordered made for her, the same style of clothing that her mother used to wear on field trips when she was a princess. It included a royal blue and gold vest worn over a white blouse and brown leather pants.

"Well, Fi, how do I look?" Astra asked as she checked herself in her bedroom mirror.

"You look through your eyes, Mistress," said Fi. "Though I am certain that is not what you meant to ask."

"We didn't discuss that expression yet?" laughed Astra. "It means what do you think of my appearance, particularly now that I am wearing a new outfit?"

"I think you look more like a Princess and less like a warrior, Mistress. Is that your intent?"

"I suppose so," said Astra. "There is probably less need for me to be a warrior now. But I still intend to keep my combat skills sharp and for us to travel together Fi. I was taught to be wary and never assume there is no danger. Besides, I enjoy your company and our delightful conversations. Now I need to say goodbye to Mother and discuss what she wanted to see me about."

Astra took the Sheikah Slate, then left her room and climbed the stairway to Zelda's office at the top of one of the castle towers. Zelda's assistant, Myra, was sitting at her desk outside Zelda's office.

"Good morning, Myra," said Astra. "Is Her Majesty available? I want to say goodbye before departing."

"Good morning, Your Highness," said Myra as she rose. "Yes, Her Majesty is free at the moment. But, please, just knock first. And may I say your new outfit is quite becoming on you!"

"Thank you," said Astra. "I'm still getting used to it, but hearing you say that makes me feel better."

Astra knocked on the door to Zelda's office and entered when she was asked to do so. Then she closed the door behind her.

"I'm just coming to say goodbye and to ask what you wanted to see me about," said Astra as she reached down for a moment to pet Mia after the cat had come over to her and rubbed herself against Astra's leg.

"You're off to Gerudo Town now?"

"Yes, and looking forward to spending time with Chief Riju," Astra said. "I promised her I would visit, and we got along well together."

"I always enjoyed visiting Gerudo Town, especially when I was younger," said Zelda. "By the way, I think you wear those new outfits quite well. I hope you like them."

"I do, and they're quite comfortable, not too restrictive of my movements," said Astra as she flexed her arms.

"Hopefully, you won't need so much freedom of action anymore," laughed Zelda. "You've already eliminated all our enemies."

"Let's hope so," said Astra, who paused to glance out the windows. "But I love the view from here. You can see all across Hyrule in so many directions. I wonder that you can get any work done!"

"I also love the view, but you get used to it. However, the lightning can be a bit unsettling way up here in a thunderstorm. Speaking of lightning, let me discuss what I wanted to speak with you about. Please have a seat. Would you like some of this tea? It's freshly made."