Chapter 56 - Getting Better Acquainted

Summary: In the Victory Timeline, Sidon tours Upland Zorana with Arana, and Midon shows Tiray some of Zora's Domain.

It was late morning at Zora's Domain as Mipha, Link, Tila, Linky, Tara, and Lanka made their way from the ferry pier at Spool Bight to the house by Mikau Lake. Sidon and Arana had already gone off together to explore Upland Zorana, while Midon left with Tiray to give her a tour of the Domain.

"If it's okay, I'd like to stay home with Lanka and put him to sleep for his nap," Link suggested as they entered the house. "I mean ... I'm already holding him."

"That's fine," said Tila. "It's good for him to bond with his grandparents just like Tara did."

"You're using little Lanka as a shell, aren't you, sweetheart?" Mipha quipped. "You're still scared of getting tickled because of your wisecrack about missing your single days. Where did all that courage go, hero?"

"Very funny," Link chuckled. "I can stand up to most things, but you know ticklishness is my weakness. Even Zelda knew that. I had hoped my transformation to a Zora would cure it, but no such luck. And you also know very well I was joking, sweetheart. I was single for over 120 years, and that was way long enough. Being with you has been the happiest time of my life. Anyway, I had better put Lanka to rest in our slumber pool before he falls asleep in my arms."

"Wait just a moment before you rush off, dearest," said Mipha. "You never told me that Zelda discovered your ticklish secret. I'm very curious to hear how she found that out."

"Oops, Dad!" Linky chuckled. "For someone who's usually so reserved, you sometimes slip up with your words."

"It's not what it sounds like, and it was completely innocent," Link assured. "Let me explain how it happened."

Back when I was Zelda's appointed knight, and after we got along better, we had just left Gerudo Town after one of our visits. I was still dressed in my Vai disguise - the only way I could slip past the guards and enter the town.

"Link, you look so adorable in that outfit! You should consider wearing it more often," Zelda teased playfully.

"Funny, but I'd rather avoid unwanted attention from guys making passes at me," I replied with a laugh. "I've already had a few such encounters. And constantly wearing this veil is a real nuisance! I'm changing out of this outfit as soon as we're far enough away from the Gerudo guards."

When we were finally out of sight of the guards on duty, Zelda politely turned her back to give me some privacy to get changed. Yet, anxious about changing near Zelda and wary of a possible Lizalfos ambush, I nervously rushed it and tangled my Champion tunic around my neck.

"Um ... Could you turn around and please help me untangle this?" I asked, blushing with embarrassment.

"Certainly, Link, it will be my pleasure," Zelda replied with an amused expression on her face. "I did tell you not to bother changing."

While helping me untangle my clothing, Zelda's fingers accidentally brushed against my chest, sending me into a fit of uncontrollable laughter.

"Oh, wow! You're incredibly ticklish, Link!" Zelda exclaimed, laughing along with me. "Let's hope your enemies never learn this."

"Very amusing, Princess," I replied as I hastily adjusted my tunic and attempted to regain my composure while Zelda kept laughing. "Can we move on now? And, please, let's keep this between us, okay?"

"I'll try," Zelda responded with a mischievous grin. "Though I'm not sure I can resist telling Urbosa. I know she would get a good laugh out of hearing it. At least, I promise not to tell Revali."