Chapter 51 - Memory and Princess Power

Summary: In the victory timeline, far from Mipha and Link having the house to themselves upon their return from Lake Akkala, Lapha, Mila, and Midon return home for a late family dinner. Tiray discusses her interest in Midon with Tila and her sister Laray.

It was a clear evening in Zora's Domain, the sky sprinkled with stars and adorned with a glowing half-moon. Mipha and Link, their fingers tenderly interlaced, wandered the path toward home, their minds awash with the memories of the day's romantic adventure at Lake Akkala.

In the secluded heart of Lake Akkala, hidden beneath its gentle, undulating surface, lay an underwater cave of unparalleled beauty. Zoras called it Glittering Grotto since its walls were encrusted with the glow of luminescent algae, and its chambers were filled with magnificent stone structures. The couple had explored this hidden wonder, each twist and turn revealing new splendors that captivated Link upon seeing it for the first time. It was yet another introduction to the vast and mysterious underwater world he could now share with Mipha.

But not only the natural beauty marked the day as extraordinary. Within that private sanctuary, they also shared a deeply intimate connection, both physically and emotionally. The experience was something that they would forever cherish. Together in that hidden realm, they had not only shared the sight of Hyrule's hidden treasures but also their deep love for one another.

A gentle pull from Link brought Mipha closer, his eyes locking onto hers with a mixture of fondness and affection. Their lips met in a fleeting yet passionate kiss, leaving Mipha with a soft sound escaping her lips as their connection broke.

Her gaze held curiosity as she inquired, "Mm, that was nice, sweetheart. But what was it for?"

"Because I love you so much, ... and to compensate for the time I wasted when I should have kissed you sooner. It seems you've been holding onto that grudge for over forty years now."

Mipha playfully teased, a hint of a smile gracing her lips, "I did say I forgive you, didn't I? However, I may have been too impulsive and rushed my decision. If you're sweet enough, perhaps we could discuss it later, and you could continue to make up for lost time."

With a good-natured chuckle, Link continued, "I'd love that. In any case, I'll catch us some dinner, and we'll have the house all to ourselves for a little while."

No sooner had the words passed Link's lips than they were interrupted by a familiar voice, causing Mipha and Link to turn.

"Hey, Mom and Dad!" the voice exclaimed, drawing their attention.

Mipha's eyes lit up with delight as she greeted her younger daughter, "Lapha, sweetheart! What a lovely surprise!"

"Yes, it's wonderful to have you home," Link added.

Warm embraces were exchanged, and as they resumed their walk towards the house, Lapha shared her reason for returning.

"I know you're surprised to see me, but I thought I should be home for Midon's sake and to help Mila deal with him," Lapha explained.

Link's concern was immediate, "What's wrong with Midon? Your mom and I left this morning before he got up."

"Oh, right, you must not have heard the news. Larena broke up with Midon after her party yesterday night, apparently because he hasn't been making enough time to see her. Mila took him to North Hyrule to visit Linky and his family and to hopefully take his mind off it."

"That's a shame, but it was sweet of Mila to try to find a way to ease his pain," said Mipha.

Sympathy also laced Link's words, "I hope the trip helped. It's tough losing someone you've been close to for so long... I know that feeling."