Chapter 3: Breastfeeding?

I took Toni back to the doctors like two weeks ago because she wasn't really eating besides formula.

Her doctor suggested that I breastfeed her, but to give her time to initiate it and not me.

I did just that and a few days later, she started showing signs of wanting to nurse.

When we're laying down or watching tv, she always wants me to take my shirt and bra off so she can feel closer to me.

I mean she does that already, but this time is different.

She'll sometimes rub her face against my breasts or hold one of them while sucking on her pacifier.

In order for her to nap now, I have to do that or she'll stay up and be really fussy come bed time.

Right now we are watching winnie the pooh and Toni is just about half asleep and she's snuggled into my chest.

Until I feel something wet on one of my breast.

Toni was trying to either nurse or she has mistaken it for her pacifier.

Well at least that's what I thought, until she let out a frustrated whine, that soon turned into her crying.

"Babydoll what's the matter?" I ask trying to comfort her.

"Baba" she screams.

"Baby mommy has no milk" I say softly to the girl.

I made it so much worse saying those words to her. I felt bad and went to make her a bottle for her to have for now and then I will make an appointment to try for nursing her.

"Here baby" I say giving her, her bottle and she accepted it.

After some time, I finally got her to sleep.

Veronica said she was gonna come over today. Betty would've too, but she had to work.

After about an hour or so, Veronica arrived.

"Hey, you look exhausted" she said.

"Yea, today has been a little rough" I say.

"Is she still trying to nurse?"

"Yes and I feel bad in a sense because I don't have anything to give her"

"Have you tried the doctors yet?"

"No not yet, I didn't think she would want it so soon" I say getting a bit frustrated.

"Really Cheryl, she's a baby. Sooner or later she was going to want it"

"Well look, the other littles I had never wanted milk from... me. So I am a bit new to this part"

"Yea, I know. Stop being hard on yourself. It's been a while since you last had a little also, so you're slowly adjusting again" she says with a sympathetic smile.

"MOMMY" I hear Toni from the baby monitor.

"What's wrong baby?" I say.

"Wan' 'ou" she replies.

"I'll be back V" I say.

I went into her nursery to grab her and she immediately latched her hand onto my shirt and laid her head on my shoulder.

"Did you have a nice nap baby?" I asked and she responded with a nod and yawn.

"You wanna see auntie V? She's really nice" I assured her because last time she was scared.

She hesitated but also nodded. At least she's willing to give her a try today.

Once I got back downstairs, Veronica jumped right up and reached for Toni. Toni looked at her and then looked at me.