Chapter 16: Sibling issues

I was changing Toni when I heard the doorbell ring.

I finished up putting her onesie on and going downstairs. I looked through the peep hole and it was my dearest mother...

With Toni on my hip, I opened the door giving my mother the meanest look.

"What do you want?" I said in the rudest tone.

She looked at me and then looked at Toni with her eyebrows furred.

"When did you have a baby?"

"Why does it matter?"

Toni had a tight grip on my shirt. She was scared.

"You never told me you were pregnant"

"For the love of god why are you here?" I said getting louder.

"Can I come in and talk to you?"

I sighed moving out of the door way signaling for her to come in.

We sat on the couch as she began to talk while Toni played with my hands.

"Well first let's start with this whole baby here"

I snapped out of my thoughts saying "What about her?" I said with my eyebrows furrowed at her.

"Well of all people, I didn't expect you to have a baby" she replied.

"Well I did, so what?"

Toni began putting her hands down my shirt and I gently removed them causing her to whine.

"Nothing"

"Mother what are you really doing here?"

"I heard you met your sister and I wanted to know how everything went"

"Why would you care. You didn't even want us to meet in the first place"

She sighed saying "Yeah, I know and I'm sorry"

Is my mother Penelope Blossom really apologizing?

I broke out of my thoughts when Ve walked into the house. She came into the living room asking my mom what she was doing here.

My mother gave me this questioning look.

I handed Toni to Ve as she kissed both of our foreheads.

My mother gasped saying "No way you two are together" she said in so much disbelief.

"We in fact are. Is that a problem?" I said getting madder by the minute.

"When?"

"A little over a year ago..Why do you keep questioning me?" I said getting closer to her.

"Hm well I'm surprised you aren't pregnant then" she said.

My anger went to a level that I've been trying not to let it get to and eventually I just spazzed out on her telling her to get out.

I felt bad afterwards because I scared Toni making her cry. I grabbed Toni going upstairs while Ve showed my mom to the door.

"Im sorry baby, mommy didn't mean to scare you" I said as Toni calmed down a bit.

I patted her back and swayed. She eventually fell asleep and I put her down in her crib.

I took a moment and looked at her as she peacefully slept forming a small smile on my face.

I then walked out leaving the door cracked going back downstairs.

"Is she gone?" I asked Ve and she nodded no.