Chapter 15: Trying to get Toni to say mommy again

Here lately, Toni has been trying to pick up on talking again. Considering she's still in headspace, it's like starting over for her. Basically words that she used to pronounce, she can't pronounce anymore without help.

She's getting close to saying 'mommy' again and I've been trying to help her.

Veronica laughs at me all the time about it because I've been on a mission about this.

Sometimes i'm afraid she'll call Veronica 'mama' first considering the really close bond they have.

Veronica doesn't try to help her, though. She wants Toni to just randomly say it, which eventually will because that's how it happened the first time she called me 'mommy'. Of course at the particular moment, I want expecting it. I had just got her a few months prior.

Right now we are in the bedroom and Toni is saying words in between her babbling.

"Toni, can you say mommy" I try saying it slowly and she's looking at me and making this form with her lips, but nothing.

Just a look of confusion of course.

"Say mommy" I repeat again and she gets to try to form her lips, then eventually nothing....again.

"Okay, I guess we'll try again later" I say with a small sigh.

"Babe, you can't force her to say it. You have to let her say it on her own" Veronica says.

"Yea, I know. It was worth a try, though"

I mean come on, she used to say it all the time.

As the day went on, I tried literally everything to get her to say mommy but nothing is working.

I sat on the couch looking at Toni in so much defeat. She says dada all the time but can't say mama or mommy. Like really?

Veronica gave me a smirk while I gave her a glare.

"That's not fair" I said with a huff.

"Babe calm down, your time will come" she says.

"It should've been came"

"Cher be realistic here. She's a baby"

I rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen to grab a snack.

"Hey T, I think you should say 'mommy' before she blows up" Ve said with a small laugh.

I walked back into the living room with my hands on my hips giving an evil look.

"You seriously can't be this upset"

"Well she was quick to say 'dada' so what's taking her so long to say 'mama' or 'mommy'?"

I know I shouldn't be upset but I am..

"Cher..."

"What?"

"Be realistic here" she responded.

"Until the shoe is on the other foot, I don't want to hear it" I said going upstairs to edit my youtube videos.

"How about we let mommy cool off for a bit" Ve said turning on some cartoons for Toni.

-

I finally finished editing one of my youtube videos and I can't wait to drop it next week.

I grabbed the remote and flipped through channels trying to find something to watch, but nothing is really catching my eye.

I then came across and movie called 'the back-up plan' it's just now coming on, so I decided to watch it and see what it's about.

It has Jennifer Lopez in it. I'm surprised I haven't already seen it.