Chapter 20: Walking

Here lately Toni has been trying to start the process of walking again. So far she has done two steps and that's just about it I guess.

Im happy but I'm also sad. Happy because this shows me that day by day she's getting even better, sad because I'm not really ready to chase her all over the house because she's gotten into something.

I can barely keep up with her while she's crawling, just imagine her walking..

I cried when she took her first steps. It was so heart warming to see how much progress she's been making over the past year.

She of course still can't really talk and her doctor said we could try speech therapy, but there's a possibility it won't work because of her condition. The most she says is mommy/mama and dada.

Her doctor said she will forever have the mind and body of a child. That I already knew.

It's still nice to see her meet the milestones she was once doubted.

Even though she's in the process of walking, she still loves to be carried. Depending on how I feel, I sometimes have a hard time trying to carry her due to me being pregnant.

Being pregnant with twins and trying to carry a toddler is not it. I'm already huge.

I at least still try to be active because I want all of this baby weight to go away. So far I have gained 10 pounds.

Since Toni has taken a few steps, every day I take her on a walk and I of course take her stroller.

We only go for about 15 minutes because my doctor doesn't want me moving around too much.

The only bad thing about Toni walking though, is trying to keep up with her. She moves so quickly and gets into everything more than before.

She even manages to get all the way up the stairs :|

Mind you, I am not in the position to continuously go up and down the stairs, so I had to put the baby gate back up.

Be and Ve were both pissed about that because they always run into it and then get mad at me.

Like watch where you're going, maybe?

I need to invest in a walker for Toni, so that way it's less access for her because my pregnant ass can't always keep up with her.

Especially when I'm the only one here with her while everyone else is working.

The only things that easy and feeding her and putting us both down for nap. The best way to keep yourself sane while having a baby is putting yourself on the same schedule.

-

Toni's mostly been crawling for the rest of the day. Maybe she got tired of falling to her behind.

I was in the kitchen preparing lunch for the both of us and that's when she crawled towards me and stood up to reach for me.

"Toni, mommy is trying to make lunch. Aren't you hungry?" I say and just get a blank stare.

Like always.

I sighed picking her up and she just laid her head on my shoulder, watching me cook.

I smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

"I love you so much, baby"

She sucked her thumb and was slowly falling asleep, which worried me because she hadn't had lunch yet and I don't want her to wake up in a fussy mood.

I just decided to try and nurse her and then put her down for her nap I guess. I of course will have to hurry, so I can nap as well.

Once we were both fed, I headed upstairs with a sleepy baby on my hip and went into my bedroom and laid down trying to get comfortable.

Trying to sleep while being pregnant can be so uncomfortable most times, even with having a pregnancy pillow.

Toni immediately fell asleep and I laid there admiring her. My baby has really came a long way and is slowly progressing. I'm so proud of her and very proud that she's able to start walking again.

My baby is proving these doctors wrong and I love that for her. She's moving in her own pace and doing things when she feels comfortable doing them.

"I love you, mommy's baby" I said kissing her on the cheek before falling asleep myself.