Chapter 22: A day out

For a few weeks now we've done nothing but be in the house, so before I give birth or hit the bed rest stage, we're going to have a day out.

We're going to go to the store and then to the park to have a family picnic. Hopefully I can last through the day because the babies have been kicking a lot and that shit hurts most of the time.

I'm 32 weeks now and I can definitely say this pregnancy has been rough. A few weeks ago I started having really bad braxton hicks and that was some pain I could barely handle.

I can just imagine what labor is going to be like. I'm ready for my babies to come though. I'm so tired of being pregnant.

I've thought about going back on birth control because since this is my first pregnancy, I'll be a lot more fertile once I have the boys and I don't want to be pregnant again so soon after giving birth.

I'd cry!

Once we left the store, we headed to the park.
To be honest I'm really tired today and my back is killing me. But this is really for Toni.

Ve and Be got the picnic set up while I put Toni in the baby swing and she loved it.

After a while I got really tired and Ve could tell, so she took over while I went to go sit at the table with Be.

"Are you okay?" Betty asked and I replied "Yes i'm fine, I'm just really tired today" and she nodded.

From the table I watched as Toni and Ve had the time of their lives and it was a heartwarming view. Soon we will be a family of five!! Well I guess six because Be is always at my house like usual.

Here lately her and her girlfriend have been fighting a lot, so she's at my place for some time, which is fine with me because she's been a big help throughout my pregnancy.

I can't move like I could three months ago, so she helps me with Toni.

After a little while, Ve and Toni came back to the table so we could all eat. I gave Toni a cracker and she ate the whole thing surprisingly.

I then tried giving her a piece of turkey and cheese and she quickly denied it.

Over time I wonder if she's vegan, she'll eat everything else, but not anything that has to do with meat. She also could possibly have never had meats at all before.

I just took two slices of apples and cut them into smaller pieces and she ate a few of them. She eventually got frustrated and started pulling on my shirt.

I knew this was coming eventually and I thought ahead and packed two bottles for her. I grabbed one out of the bag and gave her to Be for her to feed Toni.

"You know you would be a great mother" I said to Betty and she smiled responding "You think so?" I nodded saying "Definitely, you're so great with Toni and I love the bond you two have" and she smiles looking down at Toni saying "Thank you, Cher. That means a lot" and I nodded.

This is pretty much what Betty and Jillian have been fighting about... Betty wanting kids.

I felt bad for her when she came to the house crying because Jillian threatened to leave her if she kept bringing up the kid topic. They've been together for a while, but the thing is I feel like Jillian isn't meant to be a parent because of her lifestyle. She runs the streets and everything. Betty has poor taste in who she dates obviously.

I began rubbing my stomach as I felt a sharp kick and groaned. Be and Ve looked at me in worry. "I'm fine guys, the babies are just being aggressive with their kicks today" I say taking a deep breath.

I'm definitely not going to miss these kicks!

I don't know what's up with me today but I'm really tired and my body hurts. I feel like my body is getting itself prepared for labor, which I hope isn't no time soon yet. I'm only 32 weeks.

"Babe are you okay?" Ve asked.

"I'm fine, just a little sore" I replied rubbing my stomach. "Are they kicking a lot?" she asked and I nodded with a groan.

"Maybe we should head home so you can rest" Ve said and I just nodded not being able to talk anymore. I just need to lay down.

They began packing everything up and carrying it back to the truck while I sat with a tired Toni.

Once they were finished, Be grabbed Toni while Ve helped me to the car. I feel like I'm having contractions, but I still hope the babies aren't trying to come yet.

-

We've finally arrived back at the house and now I'm currently laying down, with Ve rubbing my stomach.

Toni is currently taking a nap. On the way home she got really fussy and cried just about the entire ride home.

I of course tried to calm her down and she wouldn't, so I just let her have her moment because I knew she was tired.

"Babe are you feeling a little better?" Ve asked.

"Now that I'm laying down the pain has eased, but I feel like I may be having contractions" I replied with a huff.

"Well you are eight months pregnant, so the babies could be possibly coming here soon" she says.

"Don't say that. I'm not ready to give birth yet" I said with a small pout.

"I know babe, but it's coming within the next few weeks and I will be there with you every step of the way" she says and I smiled at her.

"Thanks babe"

I know that sooner or later we have to start packing the hospital bags for the boys. I just haven't felt like doing it even though I could have Veronica and Betty do it for me.

It's just been really hard to move lately. By the way, we have a baby appointment in the morning and I've completely forgot.

"Babe" I said to Ve opening my eyes a little.

"Hm" she responded looking at me.

"I forgot to tell you that we have our final baby appointment tomorrow" I replied and she nodded saying "I'm on paid leave until your six weeks are up from having the boys"

I looked up saying "Babe that's a long time. I'm not due for another month if that"

"That's why I've been working so much, to save and to help prepare for the boys. Babe it's okay, I'm not gonna lose my job"

I nodded taking a deep breath and relaxing my body. I have a feeling my doctor is going to put me on bed rest, especially due to all of the pain I've been in. I really don't mind it because I haven't had much energy anyways, but I don't want Toni to feel like I'm upset with her because I won't be able to do much.

Considering this is my first pregnancy, I'm already high risk and I don't want to make it any worse. I also don't want to scare Ve or Be.

From the nonstop rubbing Ve was doing to my stomach, it caused me to fall into a deep sleep and also allowing most of the pain I was having to go away.

Moments later I felt Ve kiss me on my forehead and leaving out the room.