Chapter 19: Pumping sessions

Over the last few weeks I've suddenly been producing a lot more milk and have had to pump more.

I woke up this morning with a painful feeling in my breast and they were heavy, full and leaking.

"Really?" I sighed getting out of bed.

I changed my shirt, throwing the soaked one into the washer and grabbing my pump heading downstairs.

I made myself some oatmeal with berries, yogurt and orange juice.

I hooked my pump up to my breast and then began eating and watching whatever was on tv.

About an hour or so later I hear Ve and Toni coming down the stairs. I stopped pumping a little while ago and pumped about 50 ounces of milk.

That's a lot actually.

Ve handed me Toni while also giving me a kiss on the forehead. I smiled looking at Toni who impatiently yanked on my bra.

I rolled my eyes saying "You should've been up when I needed you this morning"

"You leaked again?" Ve said.

"Yes and this time it was a lot more painful" I said with a sigh.

"I wonder what's the reason" she responded.

"My diet and also because she's feeding a lot more" and she nodded sitting beside me while I fed Toni.

Toni slowly nodded off as she was feeding and I let her because my boobs were a little sore.

Eventually she passed out and Ve took her to her room.

"How's my babies doing?" Ve said coming back down and rubbing my stomach.

"They're fine" I said looking at my phone.

We found out that I am pregnant with twins and my stomach just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

I'm 5 months by the way.

Toni loves my stomach. She rubs it and lays on it and it just makes my heart melt.

Soon I'm going to be a stay at home mom of three, a huge adjustment. Be will be over to help me in case I need her to. She was very excited when I told her and now she acts more clingy than Toni.

She will come over just to cuddle my stomach and of course play with Toni.

We find out the genders in two weeks.. well Be does. She wants to throw a gender reveal party for me and Ve, so I'm going to let her.

Just by how big I am, I feel like they're both boys. Which Ve would be very excited about. She's always wanted a boy.

Even though I have Toni, I still want a girl. My mini me twin.

The only challenge so far when it comes to being pregnant is maternity clothes. I had looked up some and they were not my cup of tea, so I had all mine custom made.

If you know me, you know that I dress a certain way and that's bougie. Of course for right now I got bougie/comfy.

By also being so big and pregnant, I hate wearing clothes. Everything fits so awkward and I get very hot easily. That's when my mood swings kick in.

I still try to be as active with Toni, so she doesn't feel like I'm forgetting about her. Me and Ve will take her to the park and hang out with her... if she goes to a bigger headspace.

The last time she was in an older headspace was maybe two to three months ago? I can't really remember, but it's been a while.

She's been real clingy though, even though Im not complaining. She makes a great cuddle buddy when we both need a nap.

Meanwhile Ve sleeps directly next to my stomach. I don't see how she does it. I can't sleep completely under the covers like that. I feel like Im suffocating.

-

Right now I'm sitting in bed watching tv when I feel a powerful kick.

I groaned adjusting myself in hopes that it stops and it doesn't. A few more kicks in and I start to rub my stomach so they would calm down.

"Babe, are you okay?"

"Yes, Im fine. They're just kicking a lot" I said with a small smile.

I then feel another kick and ask Ve to rub my stomach.

Over time the kicking stopped and then I grabbed my pump and began another session, so I don't leak again.

This time I pumped a little less and that's because I caught it before I got too full.

Now that I think about it, it's been some time since Toni last had a feed.

She's napping right now with Be, so I don't want to wake her and have a fussy baby for the rest of the day.

Once I finished pumping, I bagged all of the milk, taking it all to the deep freezer.

Over the last few weeks I've managed to fill it half way with breast milk. That should tell you the amount I pump a day.

Too fucking much, I should say.

At least Toni or the babies won't starve. Toni especially, as much as she eats. I'm still working on trying to feed her solids too, even though she's always in her newborn headspace.

Her doctor said milk will only do so much and if she doesn't start eating more solids soon, they'll have to put her on a feeding tube and I don't want that for Toni.

I don't want that for any of my kids.

I cried when Toni's doctor said that because I'm trying but I can't force Toni.

By the way, so use the momcozy s12 pro breast pump and I absolute love it. It's not painful like any of the others and for me it's easier when I have a kid on my hip half the time.

I manage to pump more with the momcozy than my last pump. My boobs were always sore and I never really pumped anything. I also have miniature massagers as well to get a smooth flo.

So I pumped three times today so far. This morning when I woke up, before Toni went down for a nap, and just now.

Pretty much I've pumped over one hundred ounces so far. More by the end of the night, so that way I don't wake up full and in pain by the morning.

I definitely recommend nipple cream as well, so that way your nipples don't feel as tender and sore.