1 out of 5 found

It has been two years (2003) since I decided to move to New Orleans and despite it being overrun by supernatural beings, my time here so far was exciting but peaceful.

My bond with Marcel had increased and in all honesty, I couldn't imagine my life without him. His protectiveness no longer frustrated me, instead, it warmed my heart and reminded me of two certain boys back in England. His flirtation was another thing that resembled a certain ginger male, who, despite being an older brother figure, was constantly teasing and trying his hardest to make me flustered and blush.

Speaking of those who remained in England, I regularly corresponded with Minerva, George, Luna, Neville, Draco and surprisingly, Bill and Charlie Weasley. The older Weasleys had overheard their mother discussing with Ronald, Ginny and Hermione about being locked out of my vaults and not having heard from me in a long time. They were utterly disgusting about the conversation and had immediately sought me out, wanting to give me the heads up, despite not knowing of my knowledge of the subject already. I miss them all, even if they had visited me here and there, I felt familiar loneliness settle in my heart whenever they flooed away.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•
It was a regular day in the middle of September, I was currently sitting with Camille, who had just taken a break from her busy day at work. Marcel, Thierry and Diego were spending the day sorting out some issues with newly turned vampires, who had gotten slightly out of control the previous night and had accidentally drunk a muggle dry.

"Why aren't you two dating yet?" I ask Camille as I took a sip of my Iced coffee.

"What are you talking about?" She asked with wide eyes, her expression showing her complete obliviousness to Marcel's affection for the waitress. I let out a scoff and rolled my eyes, knowing how this conversation was going to end.

"You like him and he likes you, it's going to be pretty easy to move forward with something when you both finally decide to admit your feelings for one another" The absolute shock and confusion on her face was rather laughable, but wanting this conversion to be taken seriously, I knew I shouldn't laugh or make a joke out of her clear denial.

"I-I don't like anyone," She said, hoping to sound convincing but even she knew that neither of us truly believed what she said. I raised an eyebrow and leaned back in my seat, my arms folded over my chest as I watched the gears turning in her mind.

"Don't look at me like that, I've told you numerous times, I don't have feelings for anyone. Besides, I haven't got the time" She shrugged and took a sip of her coffee. Her eyes slowly drifted to something behind me, her face showed confusion as she looked between me and the figure.

"Uh, Lilianna" He nodded at the figure, gesturing for me to turn around. With furrowed eyebrows, I turned my head and my heart leapt instantly.

"Georgie!" I gasped and ran into his arms, he lifted me off the ground and twirled me around slightly, making me giggle.

"My little Raven, I've missed you" He whispered in my ear, his breath against my neck sending pleasant chills down my spine which made me shiver in his arms. The action confused me because despite the small crush I had developed back in my first year, I had thought that those feelings were long gone.

"I've missed you too. What are you doing here?" I asked cheerfully as I pulled away, making sure to push those thoughts from my mind.

"I-I wanted to talk to you about something, but you weren't at home and then I remembered you brought me here and I thought... Why not give it a try" He rambled nervously, making me raise an eyebrow in amusement, though I couldn't help but find it extremely adorable.