why do you care?

Author's pov~

Jungkook made Jin place his finger under the cold running water before he could leave the kitchen. 

Jungkook made the man sit down on the couch, immediately taking a seat in front of him to treat the wound.

Looking at Jin's wound which was still bleeding, he took his finger between his own and applied some pressure with cotton pad to stop the flow.

Jin's hands are so gentle, so soft and so so very cussion-ey

stop. it's not the time. Jungkook scolded himself mentally

Jin looked at his husband who was now looking back at him as well with a faint smile. he convinced himself that it wasn't anything like that and he was just imagining things, why would Jungkook smile at him? didn't he hate him with all his heart?

he furrowed his eyebrows a little, maintaining the eye contact with Jungkook being motionless. Jungkook looked back at the wound, changing the cotton pad that was drenched in red.

"does it hurt?" he asked ever so gently, looking up at the hurt man.

Jin shook his head negatively, making Jungkook sigh.

upon the blood ceasing, Jungkook took a q-tip, and a bottle of medicine. dipping it into the liquid, he applied it to the wound making the man hiss lowly. 

Jin would hurt himself almost everyday but he would never treat his wounds, so he kinda forgot how the wounds burnt after applying this particular medicine. 

"sorry, but can you pick up your sleeves a little? they're almost covering your fingers, it's a little difficult to apply the medicine-"

"uhh- no.. i'll do it on my own, y-you can let go.."

"just do what you're told, Jin."

Jin tried pulling his hands away but Jungkook was fast enough and pulled back the other's arm, picking up his sleeves in the process. 

he lifted the sleeves only upto his wrist, making Jin heave an inaudible sigh of relief. Jungkook noticed it but decided not to speak of it. 

Jungkook bandaged up the finger, touching Jin's finger tip with his own, and smiling just after.

Jin was about to get up, before he was pulled back by the muscle man. he hadn't realised  until he felt a warm breath against his earlobe, that he was actually sitting on the other's lap.

Jin felt his heart skipping a beat when Jungkook placed his head in the crook of his neck, arms wrapping around his waist securely. 

"Ju-Jungkook, let me go, i haven't finished making dinner-"

"just five more minutes, you're warm, and you shouldn't be cooking now anyway."

Jungkook hummed contented. he wrapped his hands tighter around his waist.

it wasn't before he realised what he was doing, Jungkook pushed Jin out of his lap, not too harshly but it was quite abrupt, Jin began to feel at ease, although of course it doesn't matter whether he wants it or not.

Jungkook cleared his throat, still not meeting Jin's eyes, "you don't have to continue cooking. i'll do the rest, you can sit here-"

"i'll go back to my room then-"

"no! i-i mean you haven't had dinner yet."

"i did." Jin lied

"you didn't even finish cooking, how did you eat dinner? and if you did, there were no dirty dishes in the sink or the rack." Jungkook cocked a brow, looking at Jin.

"i uh-"

"how many meals do you skip? do you even eat?"

"why do you care?"

"right, i shouldn't. but you're going to eat dinner, even if you don't like it." Jungkook sounded hurt, his soft look from earlier had changed into the stern look that he always displayed.

___

Jin was seated across from Jungkook and slurped his soup silently while blowing over it to prevent his tongue from burning. after a few nibbles, he felt his appetite wane, but he wasn't going to throw the food away. he persisted in pushing himself till severe nausea overcame him.

he left the food on the table and ran out of the living room, a hand covering his mouth, leaving a confused Jungkook who followed him almost immediately.

___

here's another chapter.

i wish Jungkook wouldn't push away Jin or his feelings any further '(

love, namjooni_e.