let you go.

Author's pov~

While Jungkook held Seokjin's hand close to himself, he kept staring at the little frown on his face, he so wanted to swipe it off. 

he didn't realize when his own eyes started watering. maybe he did finally fall in love with another person, to the extent where his pain was hurting him all the more. 

the only thing that pushed him off the cliff was when he accidentally touched Jin's wrist and felt it was uneven.

he knew what it was. he knew it. 

Jungkook's shaky hands turned around his hand and removed the long sleeves to reveal a forearm littered with not so old cuts. that was his last straw.

he broke down right there, tears leaving his eyes like a broken dam, he felt his heart clench.

he couldn't take the pain of knowing how much pain he had caused Jin.

he now remembered what all he had done and now he hated himself more than ever.

he held Jin's hand in both his hands, touching it to his forehead his cries grew louder.

"J-Jin pl-please please i'm a horrible person. i'm so-sorry, please. how-why? i-" Jungkook felt a warmer hand grab his cold ones, looking up he saw Jin looking at him with droopy eyes.

he wiped his teary eyes and red watery nose with his sweater paws, looking at Jin, when even more tears made their way down his face, he lowered his face, trying to muffle his cries. 

Jin wanted to laugh at his face, he wanted to make fun of Jungkook now that he was hurting and was in his vulnerable state right in front of him, but he couldn't.

he just wanted to bring the crying boy to his chest and soothe his cries until he fell asleep, but he knew he couldn't do it after what Jungkook had done. 

yes, Jungkook is now realizing his mistake but he couldn't just let the pain he had caused him in the past pass, it wouldn't be fair on his own part.  

"Jungkook, we're not meant for each other-"

"let's get a divorce. yo-you can lead a peaceful life and as for me, i'll manage."

Jin just stared into Jungkook's eyes, if only he had let him complete.

Jungkook, we're not meant for each other, but show me you care, show me that you love me for real and i'll stay back for you. i'll forget whatever you've done. i know you care, i know you do, as for love, i'm not sure but i wish you loved me the way i love you. i'm willing to give you one last chance, let's make this work?

this was what he wanted to say but now he just nodded, taking his hand back.

"I'll just keep you with me until you've fully healed and then i'll let you go. and i'll file for the, uh, divorce? yea i'll do that. get some rest."

he got up from his seat, sniffing as he wiped his tears. he patted Jin's head before leaving the room. 

Jin looked forward and broke down crying when he heard the door close.

Jungkook stood with his back to the door, listening to the heartbreaking sobs of the other.

he knew he was the cause and he was sure he'll put a stop to it. Jin has had enough. he'll let him go now.