Chapter~4

Joe's P.O.V

I gulp walking towards the footie field my bag on my shoulder books clutched to my chest. Sitting on the bench I watch as the team practice, the coach nods at me and I wave slightly. Why oh why did I have to be so nervous? I sigh to myself as the coach blows his whistle signalling the practice was over.

"Alright boys hit the showers good practice same time Monday."

I sit looking at my clothes to make sure I still looked okay after I had my shower since I worked this morning. One of my favorite things about the weekend is getting to work on the roofs around town. I feel my heart pick up when Caspar walks to me speaking.

"Hi Joe coach said you would be here and your teacher said you were going to follow me/ interview?"

"Yep I hope that's okay it sounds kinda weird I guess."

"It's fine with me I'll be back I need to get a shower then we can head out to get a bite to eat."

Nodding my head I watch as he leaves before letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Alright Suggy you can do this he's just like any other guy at the school. Except I have a huge crush on him and wouldn't care if he took me on top of these bleachers. Woah Joseph Sugg I blush at my thoughts not expecting that to come into my head. I mess around on my phone before texting my dad that I would be home a little later on this evening. I hear whistling before Caspar walks over hair damp and fresh clothing.

"Alright let's get some food and we can talk over that."

Standing I follow him down the street towards town not wanting to say anything for fear of sounding stupid. (a/n Caspar is older in this book by a year.)

"Do you have to ask these a certain way or just randomly?"

"I've made a list that I'll go threw every time we met."

"Seems you've thought this ahead."

"I did during my lunch break today it will make things a little easier."

"You work?"

"Mhm I thatch roofs."

"Do you enjoy it?"

"Yeah most of the time."

"So do people who talk to you call you Joe the thatcher or like Thatcher Joe?"

"No not really but that does sound like a good name to use if I make cards. ThatcherJoe." (a/n someone please stop me. xD )

We continue with the small talk before walking into one of the towns local food places.

"Order whatever you would like I'll pay."

"Oh no that's okay I'll pay for myself."

I say and he rolls his eyes we both order press sandwiches and tall drinks. Finding a table we sit waiting for our food to arrive and I begin to ask him questions.

"How long have you been on the footie team?"

"Hm I think it's been about three years now I've been captain two out of the three."

"Impressive, what caused you to take an interest in it."

"Could we um maybe talk about that another time?"

"Uh sure."

I say slightly confused he just looks away I take a sip of my drink and the waitress brings our food over. Thanking her I take a bite of my sandwich eating a bite before wiping my mouth.

"Do you do any other sport besides footie?"

"No I couldn't find an interest in any other sport."

"What about cricket?"

"I can watch it but I don't know if I want to play it."

He says biting into his sandwich and swallowing.

"Isn't your sister Zoe?"

"Yes why?"

"Thought so a friend of mine was wondering if you two were related."

"Yep she's my older sister."

"Cool."

I give him a small smile before finishing my meal, come on Joe say something you need to get over your awkwardness. I open my mouth to say something and his phone rings.

"Excuse me a second, hello?"

I sit there finishing my drink looking out the window to give him some privacy.

"Sorry to cut this short but I have to head home my mum needs me. I'll see you Monday and we can discuss when to met again.

"O-okay bye."

"Bye Joe."

He smiles before walking out I finish my drink before running a hand threw my hair grabbing my things I walk home.

"Dad I'm home."

"In the kitchen."

I walk into the kitchen to see him typing on his computer.

"How'd the interview thing go?"

"Good we had to cut it short because his mum needed him at home."

"Well there's always next time, your homework done?"

"No I'm going to head up now and do it."

"Alright no goofing around either."

"I won't."

I chuckle heading upstairs I say hi to Zoe as I pass her room closing my door behind me I plop on my bed taking my shoes off. Grabbing my phone I send a text to Will.

'Even tho it was cut short it was amazing I can't wait to see what happens next time.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe is just so cute an awkward while Caspar is all out there I love it lol

Did you guys see Joe's vlog of NYC? It was amazing and so cute watching him try to understand baseball works. I can't believe he was also less then four hours away from me.:( Enjoy the chapter x

~Queen