Chapter~12

Joe's P.O.V
I open my eyes groaning at the throbbing in my head I spot another glass of water and some Advil. Bless Zoe and her thoughtfulness I take them before covering my head. A gentle knock sounds on my door before it opens.

"How are you feeling this morning Joe?"

"Like shit thanks for the Advil."

"You're welcome I told dad you felt sick so he doesn't suspect anything."

"I have the best sister in the universe."

"Yes you do."

She smiles softly placing a dark sheet over my window to block out the sun. I look at her trying to smile.

"You might want to check your phone it's been going off for the past hour."

"Okay I will when I wake up again."

She nods before quietly leaving I yawn before falling back to sleep.

*********

"Alright alright."

I sigh stretching when I hear my phone go off again I pick it up looking at all the text messages I have. All of them being from Caspar confused I open them up.

Caspy: We need to talk about last night.

Caspy: I'm serious Joe pick up please.

Caspy: You told me something and I don't know if it was true.

Caspy: You probably have a hangover.

Caspy: Mine is gone I have the perfect remedy to get rid of it.

Caspy: It's like two in the afternoon wake upppppp.

JoJo: What did I say that is so urgent you needed to wake me up?

Caspy: That you're um gay.

I read over his words my eyes widening as I look over it again no no no this can't be happening. I feel my eyes water and I cover my face everything is ruined he's going to never want to talk to me again.

JoJo: It's true that's just who I am if you hate me that's fine.

I hit send biting my lip I set my phone on the stand deciding to take a shower to clear my head. Grabbing my clothes I turn the water on stripping I get in closing my eyes leaning against the wall for a minute. Washing up I shampoo my hair humming to myself I can't believe I let one mistake ruin everything. Sighing I rinse off then condition my hair cleaning my face and body I rinse out the conditioner before shutting the water off. Drying off I get dressed and walk back out to my room looking at my phone. Picking it up I turn it on again going to my inbox to see his reply.

Caspy: I don't hate you it doesn't bother me that you're gay either.

JoJo: Are you sure?

Caspy: I'm sure don't worry about it being gay is just apart of who you are.

JoJo: Thanks Caspar I'll message you later.

Caspy: Okay see you at school tomorrow.

I plug my phone in releasing a breath before heading downstairs I see that Zoe and my dad are gone so I decide to make them a late lunch. When they come back an hour later the table is set with food and drinks.

"Hey son you feeling better?"

"Yeah so I figured I would make a late lunch if that's alright."

"Sounds amazing we're hungry."

"I took Zo shopping for stuff she needed for this winter you're next."

I smile nodding as we sit down to eat both of them complimenting me on the food.

"Zoe can I talk to you for a minute?"

I ask as we stand to get seconds.

"Sure what's up?"

"Caspar knows I'm gay."

"Really?"

"Yeah I accidentally told him last night."

"How did he take it?"

"He said he wasn't mad and that it's apart of me."

"Well I'm glad he supports you."

"So do I it makes this whole thing a lot easier."

"What easier?"

"Letting him know eventually that I like him.
----------------------------------------
Dun dun dunnnnnnn.