The Seventh Day

With a dull pain in his chest, after Liu Ze had looked to clearly see the person who had hit him was He Xun, his narrowed eyes widened. For a moment, he didn’t dare to believe it, “He…He Xun?”

He Xun looked down at him condescendingly with a spurious smile.

Liu Ze coughed twice and enduring the pain in his chest, he slowly questioned, “Brother Xun, what did I do wrong, what are you hitting me for?”

In this aristocratic, boys-only high school, it may as well be said that class was very clearly defined. From the bottom to the top, the general idea assumed it’s distribution to be a pyramid shape. Evidently, most people were in the bottom group.

As for He Xun, he was obviously one of the few people that stood on top of the pyramid’s apex.

Liu Ze had the nerve to bully Peijin in such a way, he stopped them after class and then gave her a disgusting name, only seeing her as easy to torment. Inside of this noble school, position and status were extremely important. For someone like Peijin, she was clearly in the bottom or middle brackets of the pyramid, so bully her at will, but when it came to touching He Xun, he felt a bit afraid.

This year, people generally preferred to describe a powerful person as ruthless (1), however in Liu Ze’s opinion, ruthless wouldn’t be enough to describe He Xun.

(1) In Chinese, the word used in ruthless and the word ‘wolf’ are homonyms, so the author is doing a play on words with it by first calling him ruthless, then wolf.

He Xun was a fuckin’ werewolf. In the midst of those werewolves, he as the wolf king, whoever dared to provoke him was asking for bad luck.

Yet to his impression on Liu Ze, He Xun was a lazy and nonchalant person who never meddled in others’ affairs. For the most part he could say that it had nothing to do with him, that it was far from his business. So on this occasion, when Liu Ze was aware that he hadn’t provoked He Xun, why had He Xun moved against him?

It wasn’t only Liu Ze who was confused, but his other brothers felt the same way.

Was He Xun actually starting to interfere?

The other three people resembled chicks as they bowed their heads, afraid to even fart. Feigning deafness and ignorance they desperately wished their presence would decrease bit by bit.

When He Xun heard this question, he drove his foot down with all his might again. Liu Ze closed his eyes and cried out in pain, repeatedly begging for mercy.

He Xun’s lips twitched, embodying the very essence of feral unruliness, “You touched my brother.”

Liu Ze eyes were blank, he remained dumbfounded for a good few seconds until he realized what He Xun’s words meant.

When he understood, his heart filled with humiliation and anger.

From the start, he had believed the transfer student would’ve been the easiest to pick on, but he hadn’t expected them to be so shrewd, grabbing onto the thickest thigh in the whole school as soon as they had transferred. (1)

(1) There is a Chinese phrase referring to ‘grabbing onto the golden calf/thigh’, this means to cling onto someone in order to receive their luck, blessings, wealth, etc.

He Xun’s feet had been merciless, and on top of that he had been wearing leather Doc Martins. These types of shoes had very hard bottoms and when combined with great strength, they could easily harm someone. Liu Ze’s chest hurt, he suddenly breathed in a breath of cold air and apologized erratically, “He Xun, I’m sorry, I really didn’t know they were your brother.”