The Twenty-Fourth Day

This was a very brief forehead kiss.

It could be said to have been gone as soon as it came.

However Peijin, who had just been kissed, was frozen on the spot.

Equally as speechless was Xu Yi, whose confession had been a defeat.

Xu Yi was on the brink of falling apart, she only felt as someone had just harshly slapped her across the face. She had just confessed and then right before her, He Xun kissed a guy’s forehead!

What was this supposed to mean? Did it mean he would rather like a man than ever accept her?

Surely it didn’t mean that her true feelings were dirt-cheap that he could trample on it as he pleased?

She had never been so humiliated before!

Xu Yi was so angry that her entire body shook, her voice quivered as she asked, “He Xun, what is this supposed to mean?”

He Xun’s expression was cynical, “Exactly what you saw it as.”

The Meng Meng at this moment still didn’t know what had happened.

He Xun had thrown his coat over her head, so she hadn’t seen a thing.

Meng Meng hurriedly ripped off the coat from her head, after seeing the light again, she let out a breath. However after one one glance at Xu Yi’s pale face, trembling lips, she breathed it back in.

Exactly what was He Xun trying to do by throwing his coat over her head!

Also, what was Xu Yi’s question supposed to mean?

Just what had happened a few seconds prior that she had no knowledge of? If that wasn’t the case, why did the current atmosphere feel so off?

Meng Meng’s eyes quickly flicked toward Peijin, wanting to find out what had gone down. However at that point, Peijin was still stuck in a daze herself.

He Xun felt that Peijin’s idiotic apperance was nothing but amusing when met with it.

With nothing more than a single kiss on the forehead, they had been struck dumb.

He reflected on himself for a moment, feeling that his own behavior wasn’t too out of line. If Peijin really was a guy, they psychologically wouldn’t be able to receive this kiss and he could also justify it as well.

He could use Xu Yi as an excuse.

Xu Yi couldn’t believe her eyes as she stared at He Xun and Peijin, but inexplicably, she surprisingly felt like Peijin and He Xun looked great together.

One was tall and big, one short and small.

One was chiselled and handsome, the other delicate and beautiful.

However….for two grown guys to be so compatible?

She must’ve gone crazy.

Xu Yi felt so miserable being here that she couldn’t stand it any longer. She grabbed her purse and left the bookstore without looking back.

Meng Meng watched as Xu Yi left, there wasn’t even enough time for her to say something and she hurried to follow after her.

For some time, only Peijin and He Xun remained in this corner.

He Xun was indifferent toward Meng Meng and Xu Yi’s departure. He picked one part of the coat he had used to cover Meng Meng’s head and tossed it into the trashcan at the side. Then to Peijin he said, “Let’s go, back to the dorms.”

On the way back to their dorms, Peijin was still recalling He Xun’s brief forehead kiss from earlier.

He Xun must’ve taken her as a shield and used her to reject Xu Yi!