The Fourteenth Day

After deciding to help the demon king roommate survive this life-threatening crisis (1), Peijin couldn’t help but glance admiringly in the direction Xia Ying had gone.

(1) In Taoism, there is a saying that explicates a certain amount of misfortune, difficulties, and disasters a person will face in their life, the greatest one is said to be the ‘robbery of life’, which is what is mentioned here.

The female lead, Xia Ying, was just like her name suggested, heroic and dashing. (1) Just like the story had written, within a short period of time, she had successfully integrated herself with her surrounding classmates. Looking back on herself, Peijin had just clashed with the demon king’s good brother.

(1) The ‘ying’ in Xia Ying’s name means hero (英).

Peijin asked herself, was there something she wasn’t doing good enough. Earlier, was she being too impulsive.

Noticing Peijin lost in her thoughts, He Xun raised his hand and pinching her shoulder, unhappily asking, “What are you thinking about?”

Biting her lip, her mind in momentary turmoil, Peijin asked, “Brother Xun, how do you feel I am as a person?”

He Xun eyes raised in surprise. Peijin was afraid that He Xun would misunderstand and quickly added on, “That is, is there anything I’m lacking in? If there is, you can tell me.”

He looked Peijin up and down, crossing his arms and replying, “Besides sometimes being girly (1), you’re pretty alright.”

(1) To be clear, this refers to a guy who acts womanly (effeminate), something more derogatory and outdated would be “sissy”.

Girly!

Peijin didn’t dare argue against, “girly”, she had always been a girl, and being girly was normal. If she were to speak further on this topic, it would inevitably rouse He Xun’s suspicion.

She rushed to flatter him, “When it comes to being manly, how could I compare to you, Brother Xun.”

He Xun clicked his tongue.

Peijin couldn’t resist going back to the topic at hand, “Brother Xun, then you feel like I’m okay, right?”

He Xun made a sound of agreement, “Why?”

Peijin set her lips into a line and smiled, “It’s nothing. Brother Xun, I’m just really happy that you accept me.”

Once she was finished, Peijin hesitated for a few seconds before opening her mouth to say, “But Brother Xun, I have something important that I’ve been hiding from you.”

He Xun’s interest piqued, “Oh? What is it?”

Peijin tightly pressed her lips together, internally struggling between reason and desire.

Should she be honest or continue to hide it?

Should she tell her demon king roommate that she was a girl after all?

Maybe it was because he noticed Peijin’s internal struggle and reluctance, He Xun lightly said, “Don’t force yourself to say it if you don’t want to.”

Peijin lowered her head like an elementary student who had done something wrong, now incredibly depressed.

She still fought against herself “Brother Xun, I really don’t know how to tell you.”

After she told him that she was a girl, it could possibly cause several subsequent problems to arise.

Such as, why did she want to attend an all boys’ highschool, she was a girl, wasn’t it weird of her to want to hang out among a group of boys?