The Eleventh Day

He Xun leaned in very closely when he spoke these words and his bedroom eyes seemed to twinkle. The heat of his warm breath flushed over her face and the heated temperature of her body rose little by little. With his breath everywhere, Peijin’s face couldn’t help but warm up.

(1) AKA peach blossom eyes.

When He Xun said, “As long as I have my brothers it’s enough. Right, brother?” it inexplicably made her feel as if he was saying, “As long as I have you it’s enough.”

Right now the space between them was too close. So close, it was invasive.

This distance was just way too dangerous, so dangerous it could allow He Xun detect any inconsistencies with her. Peijin acted before her brain could process it. Before she had realized it herself, she had already waved off He Xun’s arm.

The range at which Peijin had moved was a bit wide, and He Xun stood in place, dumbfounded after she waved him away. After a few seconds he gave a dissatisfied ‘hey’.

Peijin opened her mouth, but met with the suspicious look He Xun had, she desperately racked her brain, struggling to, but eventually managing to find a poor excuse, “Brother He, you’re too heavy, it’s uncomfortable.”

As soon as she spoke, Peijin immediately regretted it. These words, no matter how she heard it, it sounded a bit shady. However, earlier when He Xun was pressing down on her with half of his body, she really did feel somewhat tired. He Xun was tall and his legs were long, he wasn’t light, she really couldn’t support him when he leaned half of his body on her.

Hearing her words, He Xun clicked his tongue. He lifted his hand and ruffled Peijin’s short, chopped hair, “Brother, your physique really won’t do.”

Peijin gave a pleading smile, “Brother He, it’s important to study now, I can exercise and strengthen my body later.”

He Xun raised an eyebrow and a look of disapproval came onto his face, “How is studying more important than your body? At all times, you body should always be prioritized first.”

Peijin hurriedly chimed in, nodding her head, “Right, right, Brother Xun, what you said is all correct.”

“So, starting tomorrow morning, you will be running with me.”

“Okay.” After Peijin unconsciously replied did she realize what she had just said. She remained dazed for a few seconds and then rapidly waved her hand, hastily saying, “Ah? No, no, Brother Xun, you know we’re in our senior year…”

“More the need to balance work and rest if it’s senior year, without a healthy body, where can you get the strength to learn? It’s settled.” He Xun had the last word and once he finished talking, he unhurriedly left with both his hands in his pockets.

Peijin knew He Xun was doing this for her own good, but running had truly been the nightmare of her school years.

She hated running the most! Especially the eight hundred metres, that was virtually hell on earth!

With one look you could tell that He Xun was really physically strong, running a thousand metres had nothing on him. Even though tomorrow hadn’t arrived, she knew when she was running tomorrow morning it was going to be torturous.

At this thought, she rushed to put down the things in her hand and staunchly ran out of the kitchen.

After she arrived before He Xun, she bit her lower lip, wanting to thoroughly talk this over with him again.

“Brother Xun, I know you want what’s best for me, but during the morning I’m busy memorizing and reciting English words, there has never been enough time to sleep, but to have to make room for running, my body really can’t handle that….”