The Twenty Sixth Day

Peijin’s heartbeat continued to quicken even after she sat in her seat, a look of befuddlement on her face.

What did He Xun’s last words,  “I’m still a pretty reliable person.”, mean?

Why did it inexplicably make her think of males in the animal kingdom? When males in the animal kingdom were courting, they would put their all into displaying their best qualities to win the opposite sex’s favour. Was she overthinking it, or had He Xun meant that himself?

However right now she was a “man.”

Had He Xun already discovered her identity as a girl, or did He Xun like boys? Peijin instantly fell into a dazed loss.

On the other hand, as soon as He Xun returned to his seat, Zheng Li gave him a thumbs up. No wonder why he was his brother, simply no one else could beat this execution! (1)

(1) Execution is interchangeable with words such as “drive” and “will power”

In a good mood, the corner of He Xun’s lips raised, “By taking a little action, there will be stories about her and I.”

Zheng Li gave a laugh, “Alright, Ah’Xun, if you were so proactive before, you would have enough girlfriends to circle the earth once.”

He Xun sneered, playing around with the black pen in his hands, “Did I need to take initiative in the past?”

If He Xun wished to, he could change girlfriends everyday without even taking the same types for a year. Talking about dating, or having several girlfriends, was honestly something that could not get any easier for him.

There truly were too many girls chasing after him.

Due to his greatly uncompetitive nature toward getting a girlfriend, he had never given any rise to the thought of love, even feeling bored by these sorts of things.

Now for the first time ever, he liked someone and wanted to date them. Naturally, he would devote himself.

Zheng Li had grown up with He Xun, he naturally knew of how popular He Xun was among girls. Once he remembered that Peijin was a man, Zheng Li heaved a sigh in his heart. He patted He Xun’s shoulder, wishing him well in a low voice, “Ah’Xun, I hope you achieve your heart’s desire soon.”

After the two performers stepped down from the stage, Yang Meili joined in the applause, “The performance of these two students were excellent, the two are really in tune. If there’s a chance next time, you two should perform again.”

As soon as Peijin heard, she madly cried out in spirit, never again! She didn’t want to go up on stage and act anymore.

This foreign language teacher loved to play around (1), and had an especially romantic bone. Although she had only attended a couple of this foreign language teacher’s classes, the foreign teacher’s personality was as clear as day to her. The scale of this time’s reproduced scene was okay, but if Yang Meili were to put on a more immoral one, and then made the students perform it on stage, what could she do?

(1) In this sentence “play around” is derived from the internet slang word of “城会玩“ or “会玩儿”, which means city play and “will play” respectively. This is a term commonly used to ridicule/tease people, however here it would be used as “play around” or alternatively, “This foreign language teacher really knew how to have fun/liked having fun.”

Naturally Peijin wouldn’t answer this sentence, but she had wholly never expected that He Xun would actually say “No problem” from the very back of the class. Right as it was said, Yang Meili smiled, ‘Alright, then I will be keeping your words in mind.”