The Thirtieth Day

Crazy from worry?

Peijin had completely never expected she would hear such a sentence.

It certainly was very dangerous for girls to be out alone, recently the news had reported that a lot of girls had murdered. After seeing more of this sort of news, Peijin’s awareness had been greatly heightened.

However, she was a “boy” right now. Boys seemed to be a bit safer off than girls?

However boy or girl, both still needed to pay more attention when going out the door.

It really was her fault before. She had left their dorm and went home, at the very least she should let her Demon King roommate know.

But she hadn’t thought that He Xun would unexpectedly be so worried for her. He was afraid that she would run into danger? So after hearing her voice on the phone, he seemed to let out a breath of relief?

She didn’t know if Zheng Li had been punished by He Xun on that end of the line, but after that, Peijin didn’t hear Zheng Li’s voice again.

He Xun seemed to have switched to a quieter place to talk to her, he didn’t continue to probe for her address.

“Then… See you on Monday.”

“Ok, Brother Xun, see you on Monday.”

After hanging up the phone, Peijin clutched at her abdomen and once again threw herself back onto bed.

At this moment, only the bed’s warmth could let her continue living like this.

During dinner, Father Pei came home wearily with a briefcase in his hands. When Father Pei returned, Peijin was sitting at the dinner table, a hand holding her stomach, the other drinking the ginger brown sugar water (1) the nanny had just made for her.

(1) For my readers who have that time of the month, whenever your relative comes, if you’re not allergic, try boiling some hot water, add a teaspoon of brown sugar water (not too much) and a few (2-3) thin slices of ginger. It’s a great remedy to alleviate cramps and it helps the flow of your period!

When Father Pei saw the cup of brown sugar water, he asked, concerned, “Peipei, how are you feeling?”

Peijin wasn’t too used to talking about this topic with Father Pei. Although Father Pei was currently her dad, but she wasn’t the original (1) after all. She mumbled, “Not too bad, it’s the same like before.”

(1) Referring to her not being the original character.

Father Pei handed his briefcase to the nanny at the side, and then sat down beside Peijin, “After dinner go lay down and rest well.”

Peijin felt a bit pampered. As a Senior, there were still numerous test papers stacked in her backpack, but Father Pei didn’t think about homework or question more about it, but was worried for her body. It made her a bit stunned, and then a bit emotional.

But at a time like this, she wouldn’t even be able to move if you really let her do her practice exercises (1) and her head hurt pounded with pain. She didn’t want to do anything, just lay down. “Okay, Dad.”

(1) Homework practice exercises

Not after long, the Nanny served the steaming dishes.

As Father Pei ate, he abruptly said, “Peipei, Dad thoroughly thought about it these few days. When you said you wanted to transfer schools before, it actually isn’t not possible.”

Peijin’s hand shook, raising her head to look at Father Pei in disbelief.

Father Pei laughed, “What is it? Bursting with happiness? In the past Dad wasn’t in a good mood, you said you wanted to transfer and Dad rejected, this is Dad’s fault. Dad shouldn’t vent his feelings from work on you.”