The Fifteenth Day

He Xun shot a glance at Peijin, “What are you smiling so dumbly about now?”

She touched her face, “Ah? I’m smiling?” After patting her face she realized the corners of her lips had slightly raised.

“I’m in a good mood right now, so I’m smiling more.”

He Xun chuckled.

The two were chatting when the sound of rhythmic knocking came from the door.

Once she opened the door Peijin discovered Zhang Chen standing there. She instinctively took a few steps back.

After He Xun walked over he gestured at Zheng Chen with his chin and spoke calmly, “Let’s talk outside.”

Zhang Chen appeared to look submissive and meek, with not the tiniest bit of attitude on his face, “Okay, Brother Xun.”

Peijin didn’t know what He Xun and Zhang Chen were talking about. She stood on the inside of the door, separated from them by a wall.

The sound coming from between the crack of the doorframe faded in and out.

“Zhang Chen, during middle school….the uproar from that pregnant high school girl who committed suicide…in the end I paid a large price to help to straighten this out….these past years, have I only helped you out a few times? Do you still remember what you promised me before?”

“Brother Xun, I’m sorry.”

“Zhang Chen, for two years you haven’t asked me to help you wipe your ass (1), I had even thought you had grown and improved. I hadn’t expected the more you lived, the more you would get worse.”

(1) clean up his messy situations

“Brother Xun, I was wrong, right now I really do understand what I did wasn’t right…”

Peijin didn’t want to hear anymore.

She felt that her demon king roommate was also going through a difficult time.

He needed to personally educate his own brother on how to be an upright person, and when they were in trouble, he also needed to come forward and deal with their problems.

He Xun and Zheng Chun chatted for a long time and He Xun returned half an hour later, surrounded by a chilly aura.

Peijin didn’t ask him what he talked about with Zhang Chen and he didn’t bring it up, saying nothing but “It’s fine now.”

After He Xun came back to the dorm he twisted his neck several times, once Peijin saw this she curiously asked, “Brother Xun, what’s up with your neck?”

“It’s been stiff since yesterday morning. Earlier I stood outside for too long, so my neck is a little sore.”

Peijin hurriedly stood up and asked, “Brother Xun, can I massage it for you?”

He Xun gave her a look of suspicion, “You know how to do this too?”

She nodded her head, “I’ve briefly learned a bit, would you let me have a try?”

“Then you do it.”

Peijin had technically really hadn’t lied, she had briefly learned how to massage. Although it was her knowledge was pretty basic, it typically was enough.

She placed her hand on He Xun’s shoulder. The pressure in her hands weren’t too heavy nor too light and went at an appropriate pace, her skills weren’t all that bad.

Feeling the comfortable pressure on his shoulder, He Xun thought to himself for a moment and unexpectedly said, “I’m straight.”

“Ah?” Peijin was taken aback by this comment. What made him say this all of sudden.