The Eighteenth Day

It took almost half an hour for their takeout to arrive.

Outside the rainstorm continued to beat down and the sky was already completely dark. Luckily when their takeout arrived it was still warm, not at all cold yet.

He Xun had ordered quite a lot, not only were there dishes, but he had also added on milk tea and barbeque. Even though milk tea and barbeque weren’t healthy, indulging in it once in a while was also okay.

The TV was on and flipped to a music channel. (1) The swinging melody of an old 80’s song, “Sweet As Honey” was lowly sung by a woman’s tender and gentle voice.

(1) More accurately, something like a music video channel.

Peijin felt an indescribable kind of peace.

Clearly all because she and He Xun didn’t want to go home, didn’t get any concerned calls from their family members, and didn’t want to travel in the rain, the two had consequently chosen to stay here overnight. However the actuality of it was, she didn’t feel miserable by any means. On the contrary, she had a feeling of peace.

Did what they were doing count as huddling together for warmth?

After they finished eating, He Xun had the receptionist to send over a variety of disposable items. Then, he took a brand-new pair of briefs and a night robe with him as he went to shower. Peijin sat on the bed, her emotions a nervous wreck.

Obviously when they were in their dorm, He Xun would frequently take showers. After he had done this several times, she had long since gotten used to it, but how come now that they were at a hotel, why was she getting so flustered when e Xun took off his clothes to bathe? It made it seem like they were going to do something.

But in reality, she knew very well that nothing would happen.

The sound of singing still drifted over the TV, but Peijin wasn’t in the mood to listen.

A while after, the sound of running water in the bathroom stopped.

He Xun’s hair was damp when he emerged, “The bathroom is pretty clean, water’s hot too, you can wash up now.”

Peijin took the given hairdryer, “I’ll dry your hair first.”

He Xun lied down on the bed with his robe on, his voice was lazy and rather sluggish, “Too tired, don’t wanna move.”

Peijin rolled her eyes, knowing that this was just an excuse. She jokingly roasted him, “Brother Xun, if you died from laziness you’d forget.” Yet as she teased him, she still resigned herself to help dry his hair. Boys had short hair, and although He Xun didn’t have a crew cut, his hair wasn’t considered long and dried quickly.

After she finished blow-drying his hair, Peijin took the disposable items and entered the bathroom.

The restroom held a slight lingering warmth. He Xun’s smell seemed to still be here.

Peijin washed herself as fast as she could. Once she was done she put on the robe, but just as she was ready to go out, she suddenly realized she had overlooked something very important.

Boys’ generally had thick, dense leg hair, yet her legs were smooth and white, with barely any hair!

Thank god she hadn’t walked out of the restroom door yet, or else wouldn’t she have accidentally revealed her identity? With this thought, Peijin hurried to take off the robe and put back on the clothes she had been wearing today.

Before she went out, Peijin didn’t forget to repeatedly check how she was dressed, only after she made sure everything looked fine did she slowly walk out.