The Twenty-Ninth Day

Peijin opened a bag of strawberry flavored cotton candy. The cotton candy was sweet, melting as soon as it was in her mouth, much tastier than any other packaged cotton candy she had eaten before.

Just as she was about to throw away the package into the wastebasket after finishing the cotton candy, suddenly, she discovered there unexpectedly had been a line of words written inside the packaging.

Clearly written on it was, “I like you more and more each passing day.”

Although Peijin was well aware these words were a business gimmick, and came with the cotton candy’s outer packaging, not knowing why, her heart still sped up and skipped a beat due to them.

She pursed her lips, her hands itched a bit. Even though eating one package of cotton candy was more than enough, she opened up a second bag.

The outer package of this bag of cotton candy also similarly had something written on it.

“The weight of you in my heart, gets a bit heavier everyday.”

Peijin originally wanted to throw the packaging away, but because of the sweet quotes it had inside, she kept them.

She looked down at the whole desk of cotton candy. These cotton candies were in fact not only just sweets, but even could serve as a collection of chat-up lines.

Because each of these cotton candies held a lover’s lines.

Peijin suddenly recalled a phrase, “When these words finally have an owner, you and I won’t be alone.”

Deep in her heart, she sighed.

Did He Xun know or not that these cotton candies were specially used for confessions?

By giving her the cotton candy like this, it really was a bit of a waste.

Peijin took the tableful of cotton candy and put it all away, planning to save it for later. She would eat and look at one sweet word a day. All at once, she felt a twitch in her abdomen, and then….

She found, her relative had arrived!

It happened to be the weekend tomorrow, Peijin originally still didn’t want to go home, but now that her relative had come, and as per her expectations, they had brought along severe cramps with their arrival. It hurt that she almost wasn’t even able to walk. Right now she only wanted to quickly go home and wait for their relative to leave.

He Xun and Zheng Li had gone to play basketball, but they still hadn’t returned to the dorms as of now.

Peijin quickly left the school and hailed a taxi, going back home as fast as she could.

She arrived home and went into the bathroom, putting on a pad, only letting out a breath of relief after she was laying on her bed.

At this point, she discovered that He Xun had sent her several text messages, and called several times.

[ He Xun: Did the cotton candy taste good? What else would you like to eat? ]

This message had been sent not long after she had just returned to their bedroom, at that time she must’ve been busily eating cotton candy and not have noticed as a result.

[ He Xun: Peipei, where’d you go? ]

[ He Xun: Peijin, pick up my calls. ]

[ He Xun: Peijin? ]

[ He Xun: Send me a text when you see this. ]

… …

The last few text messages were sent earlier, the most recent messages were from a minute ago.

Peijin hastily sent a text back.

[ Little Five: Brother Xun, I had to go home due to something, I’m at home right now. Enjoy your weekend. ]

Shortly after her text had been delivered, He Xun called.

With a flick of her wrist, Peijin directly pressed decline.

Three seconds passed, and He Xun’s call came again.

Peijin nervously picked up, saying in a small voice, “Brother Xun.”

Peijin had thought that He Xun would question why she had replied to his messages so late, but he didn’t.

He Xun’s voice sounded like he was relieved, “Hey. Was the cotton candy good?”

Peijin nodded her head, “It was tasty, really sweet, really soft.”

“That’s good. Why’d you go home all of a sudden?”

Peijin gritted her teeth, lying, “Something came up.”

She could only find an excuse since the actual reason couldn’t be said. Peijin had thought this topic would end just about here, not expecting He Xun to go on and ask, “Where’s your house?”

Peijin was startled by these words, almost not holding onto her phone tight enough.

She pursed her lips, gently refusing, “Brother Xun, if there’s something, how about waiting until I go back to school to talk?”

He Xun was silent for a moment.

She didn’t hear He Xun’s voice, and never thought she would hear Zheng Li’s instead.

“These days  it isn’t safe for pretty girls…guys to go out alone, when you had gone missing earlier, He Xun almost went crazy from worry.”