CH 53

If Zheng Li was here, after hearing this sentence, he would definitely ridicule He Xun saying that he shouldn’t be such a fake. What was the use of just talking about it, if you have the ability, go ahead, otherwise, just talking and not doing it is a deceitful thing.

He Xun spread out his hands and calculated, “Peipei, wait until June next year, you will become an adult after your eighteenth birthday.”

Pei Jin snorted, not understanding why he suddenly mentioned the topic of adulthood. But suddenly she thought of He Xun’s last sentence. There was nothing wrong with listening to two sentences separately, but what if they were heard together?

He Xun’s meaning had been made very clear, not to mention that he followed up with that sentence.

“Peipei, you are still young, I can’t bear to touch you until you are an adult…”

Before He Xun finished speaking, Pei Jin hurriedly covered her ears and trotted back to the classroom. He Xun, this person was really necrotic! The brain was filled with yellow waste all day long. Couldn’t he think of something positive and sunny?

As soon as she took her seat, Yu Yuan hurriedly approached and asked, “What’s wrong with you, why is your face so red?”

Pei Jin shook her head sharply, “No, it was just blown by the wind.”

It was only October, and it was not a cold winter. In the tenth lunar month, how could the wind make people’s faces red? Yu Yuan saw through it without saying anything, she just had a smile on her face.

After all, Ji Chengjue and Xia Ying were not students of No. 12 Middle School. Although there was a lot of uproar on the Internet, and many students of No. 12 Middle School also ate melons, the director of the Academic Affairs Office told the group of teachers, not to spread rumors and not to allow rumors to be spread, let the students study hard, especially the senior year students who were going to take the college entrance examination next year, and pay less attention to these useless things.

The teacher in charge of the class put the words “no rumors allowed” into the ears of every student. So, it didn’t take long before almost no students mentioned Xia Ying. Things on the Internet came and went faster. After all, everyone had their own life, and nobody wanted to make so much effort to stare at others all the time.

Pei Jin didn’t pay attention to Xia Ying’s final fate. Some people said that she went to another city, and some people said that she went abroad. She didn’t know whether it was true or false, and if it was true which one was true. Pei Jin actually felt uncomfortable seeing Xia Ying being surrounded by so many netizens at first, but when Ji Chengjue tried to pull her into the water together, her discomfort disappeared.

After this incident, Pei Jin’s campus life returned to peace.

A week later, a gossip suddenly began to spread in the class, saying that there was a swimming test for the sports exam. As soon as the news spread, the class exploded in an instant.

“We didn’t take swimming lessons before, why did you suddenly say that we were going to take the swimming test?”

“I can’t swim, so it’s better to run 800 meters than take the swimming test.”

“Yeah, running is at least convenient, go to the playground and it can be done in five minutes. Swimming is really inconvenient, you have to change into your swimsuit, take a shower, and it won’t take less than half an hour. The most important thing is, I am also a land duck!”

Yu Yuan was also unhappy, and she complained to Pei Jin, “I’m dying, I’m in the third year of high school, I’m still doing shit, I can’t just run, what new tricks could I learn?” After complaining, she asked Pei Jin again, “Pei Jin, can you swim?”