Chapter 16.

— Later that afternoon —

Dominic 

"Jesus fucking christ!" Giovanni mutters gravely, his brows passing his hairline and his eyes bulging out of his head, the closer he walked towards the murder scene in the garden, that was now encased by black tape. 

I peer down at the cold, dead body and my lips tug downwards into a disgusted sneer.

Gruesome.

That's the only fucking word I could used to describe what the fuck I was looking at. 

A disfigured male carcass laid sprawled out and mutilated on the ground with a large puddle of blood bathing the green garden ground beneath it. 

"Holy shit!" Viktor coughs with a grimace, covering his mouth in disgust as the smell of stagnant blood permits the air in thick vapors.

Everyone that stood in the garden looking down at the body held appalled expressions at the state in which the body laid on the hard ground. 

A bullet was lodged in the head, and few more were lodged in the chest, directly at the heart. Deep stab wounds and large sickening gashes decorated the body in unaligned patterns. It was nothing close to a clean kill. Precise and premeditated? Not even close. 

From the looks of it, it was a murder of passion. One committed in blind rage.

Soliders littered the garden as they stood scattered in groups, and murmured about the gruesome murder on the estate, while others tried in vain to identify the body. 

A deep tired sigh echos behind me and I turn to pin my father with a curious stare, as he rub the bridge of his nose in exhaustion. Deep lines pull on his forhead and his wrinkles deepen. He was exhausted, and possibly stressed. A situation like this only made him look older and more burdened by work. 

"What do you think Don?" I ask lowly, feeling my brows pull together in displeasure. 

"I think I'm too old for this shit Dominic. With all that's on my plate, I have no time to investigate a fucking murder on the estate. I'm leaving that job to you son, goodluck." He mutters in exhaustion before patting my shoulder encouragingly and walking off with his shoulders slouched forward. 

I exhale through my lips and lift my head to the sky, my eyes closing as I silently prayed to any entity listening for strength. 

I sigh sharply before refocusing on the body before me. I narrow my eyes at it as I process the wounds, causing my shoulders to tense. There wasn't even the weapon or weapons in question left behind. So whoever killed this man, knew what they were doing.

"Boss, what do we do?" Dimitri asks, standing beside me. Since we entered the garden, his eyes hadn't left the body, and now he wore a dark, focused gaze as he peered down at the body diligently. He fe silent the moment his eyes landed on the body, and those were his first spoken words since we entered the garden.

I exhale again, and mirror his stance with my hands stuffed in my pocket. 

"We need to get rid of the body before any of the women come home, and we'll have to lock off the gardens for now as well." I mutter, scanning the area. My mind running a mile a minute as Chloe, Phoebe, Scarlette and Kylie jump to my thoughts. 

I turn towards a small group of soliders who were talking and making long, confused glances at the body.

"Hey! Non stare lì a spettegolare come un branco di troie vaghe!" I growl in irritation at the men, immediately drawing there attention towards me.

"Get a body bag and clean up. I want whoever discovered the murder by my side in less than ten minutes, get to it!" I snap furiously, anger suddenly boiling in me. Within less than five minutes the body was being covered and removed from the garden, and hoses were being brought in to wash away the thick blood from the grounds of the garden.