Chapter 27.

Dominic

- The Next Day -

I spent the whole fucking night at Kinktry with Viktor, and Antwan and his goons.

After the business deal was closed we spent the rest of the night at the club getting fucked up off our asses. It wasn't intentional at all, but it was apart of relationship building in this line of work.

We left the nightclub around 6am this morning and only barely made it back to the estate.

Giovanni and Dimitri had left after the business deal was close to tap in with the manager at our closest warehouse. The first shipment out to Chicago would be tonight, and we were shipping out 250 pounds of product, across 5 different cargo holds, everything for this first drop had to go right.

Blinding sunlight stung my eyes as I struggled out of the car, the frigid morning air filling my lungs as I inhaled deeply.

Viktor pushes the heavy double doors to the mansion open and we both stroll in unsteadily.

He signals to me as he drags himself to him bedroom on the south wing and I nod at his retreating back.

I myself had to make my way to my bedroom, to sleep off the drunken haze that clouded my mind.

I walk through the familiar sitting room, and turn the corner that led to the kitchen, that led to the hallway that would lead to my room.

Just as I bend the corner, the sound of glass smashing and a scream draws my attention back to the kitchen, and I turn on my heels to walk back, to see what happened.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?" I walk in just in time to see Astrid screaming at Scarlette with a murderous look on her face, her white LV top smeared with homemade strawberry jam.

I assess the situation quickly, and I notice the glass jar shattered at their feet, and the look of fright plastered on Scarlette's face.

"It was an accident! You walked right into me!" Scarlette retorts, and I watch almost in slow motion as Astrid steps around the broken glass and raises her hand to slap Scarlette across the face.

"You little bitch -"

I didn't feel my body move, I didn't know when I got in-between them, but the next thing I knew, I held Astrid's wrist in a death grip, unyielding anger, coursing through my blood at the woman standing before me.

She gasps in shock when she looks at my face, her eyes widening into saucers.

"Dominic..."

Scarlette breaks out into a sob and I turn just in time to watch her run out of the kitchen, I lift my head in her direction and my blood freezes over in my body when I see Kylie standing at the entrance of the kitchen.

Scarlette runs into her open arms crying, and when Kylie looks up, my heart stops in my chest.

Fuck.

I turn to Astrid, my grip tightening around my wrist.

"You will leave this fucking estate, and never come back." I growl at her ear in a dark whisper.

"What?" She wails in disbelief, and I feel my blood pressure rises and anger grabs unto me as I grip her by the back of her head.

"I SAID, LEAVE THIS FUCKING HOUSE, AND NEVER FUCKING RETURN!" I thunder in anger as I push her out of the kitchen forcefully, she falls to the floor and I watch as Kylie pull Scarlette out of the way, and usher her out of the sitting room.