Chapter 18.

—One Week Later—

She didn't look any different from the last time I saw her, which was lastnight and she still remained immobile on the bed. She didn't move, her eyes didn't flutter once, and her lips didn't part on a gasp of breath or even a sigh. 

Her skin had regained some color and moisture, and her lips looked less parched and fuller. The usual pink shade of her lips that drove me near insanity had returned, and the hunger I felt each night to press mine against hers was almost too much to bear. 

I had made a habit out of sneaking into her room at nights and sleep with her until dawn. It was a bad habit I had developed over the course of only one week, but it was a habit I wasn't making much effort to break. I quickly came to find out it was something I liked doing greatly, and I found it extremely hard to stop. 

Nobody suspected what I was doing, and even if they did, they said nothing to me about it.

A sharp pinch on my arm causes me to flinch and glare down at the doctor before me in irritation. He glances up at me with a sheepish, apologetic expression on his face and a timid smile.

"My apologies Mr Gambino. " He mutters lowly, causing me to grunt in annoyance as he moves off to refill Kylie's blood bag. I watch as he works, and decide to clean my injection  without his help. 

Soon, Kylie's drip bag was refilled and her blood bag was once again full to the brim.

Doctor Guerrero glances over at me with a frown of displeasure on his twisted face, realizing that I was glaring down at the spot that was injected in irritation as it began to feel tender.

"Mr Gambino, I'm not sure if you are aware of the effects of donating too much blood. So far, you've given more in a week than is actually required." He mutters in a tight voice, before pinning me with an intense stare. I frown at his words and look up at him, my face pulling into an annoyed sneer.

"Doctor Guerrero, do I look like a man that miss any meals or suffer from fainting spells?" I growl in irritation at the doctor, gazing down at me, he moves to open his mouth, but pauses as he consider my words.

"Trust me, I already know enough about what to do to keep my blood enriched. I drink more than enough water, tomato and beet root juice to worry about blood loss. Now, if we're done here, you're excused." I mutter shortly, stepping towards the girl on the bed and glancing down at her body that laid unmoving on the bed. 

Effectively dismissing the doctor and cutting off whatever rant about blood he was about to indulge in. I had zero interest in what he would've had to say and was only concerned about the woman that I was giving said blood to.

"Well, don't you just look positively smitten." Comments a familiar, teasing voice behind me. I feel my back tense up and my left eye twitches in annoyance before turning to glare at Chloe, who stands mockingly at the door with a knowing smile on her face.

"What do you want nosey?" I growl, narrowing my eyes at her. She didn't have to be here so early, it wasn't time for Kylie's bath. But I guess, I couldn't keep her away from her bestfriend irregardless of what time of the day it was.

"Who me? Oh nothing. I could give you a few more minutes to smile and gawk at Kylie's unconscious body like a love sick puppy –"

"Shut up idiot! I wasn't gawking..." I snap furiously, before shaking my head. Chloe's light mocking laughter echoes around the room once more, and I grit my teeth in annoyance and mild embarrassment.

"No need to be so brash dear cousin, I'm just saying." She mutters sweetly, stretching her hand infront of her to examine her manicured nails.

I scoff at her before walking off with my shoulders tensed in silence. I reach the door and yank it open before I suddenly stop and turn.