Chapter 30.

Tonight's events was slowly taking a toll on me. So much of Dominic's past was revealed to me, and not only that, he and the other's wanted me to get therapy. In addition to that, Raphael had somehow manage to fucking find Pierre.

My head was spinning with all this new information as I made my way out of the bathroom after I had refreshed myself.

As I was making my way back to the main restaurant, so I could rejoin the man waiting patiently for my return —
I bump into someone and look up to see Alejandro.

I gasp in surprise and reflexively throw my hand over my mouth in shock.

"Kylie..."

"Alejandro, I wasn't expecting to see you here." I mutter, my eyes taking in the tailored Armani suite he was wearing.

This man was so ungodly sexy to me.

He chuckles at my comment and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Seeing you here was the last thing I was expecting as well, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see you. Who are you here with?" He frowns suddenly, narrowing his gaze at me.

I start to get nervous as I fidget under his intense scrutiny.

"Um, well..." I mutter softly, as I turn to search for my partner inside the main restaurant.

It took me only a few seconds to find him, and his dark eyes were already pinned on me as he watched me intensely across the room.

"Oh, I see." Alejandro mutters lowly, trying to mask the disappointment in his voice, as he found Dominic's penetrating gaze as well.

"It's not a date that we're on, it's just a casual dinner, to support the grand opening." I blurt out, feeling the need to let him know why Dominic and I were together.

"That's fine Kylie. I'm just glad I got a chance to see, and speak with you." He mutters, a smile lifting at his lips as he leans against a pillar with his hands now stuffed inside his pockets.

"I'm glad I got to see you too. I never got a chance to talk to you after our dance at Dominic's party." I mutter conversationally, a shy smile making its way on my lip.

"Yeah, that's because they're trying to keep you away from me, evidently." Alejandro frowns, as he looks at Dominic over my shoulder and my heart drops to my stomach.

I laugh nervously at his comment, knowing that he was absolutely correct in his assumption.

"I doubt it Alejandro, nobody can keep me away from you. Nobody, besides Carlile of course." I mutter quick wittedly as I remembered why I was advised not to talk to him in the first place.

"Carlile? Why would he want to keep you away from me?" He frowns looking down at me, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well, he's fucking intimidating. I saw you talking to him most of the night, and didn't want to approach you while you were with him. He scares the fuck out of me." I mutter softly, looking down at my hands as I begin to play with my fingers nervously.

Carlile did intimidate and scare me, so I wasn't lying about that, atleast.

Alejandro scoffs and chuckles at my comment as he runs his hand through his thick mane of hair.

"Had I known this piece of information, I would've dodged him all night just to be with you." He mutters huskily, looking down at me, and I could see the conviction behind his gaze. It steals my breath away and I find myself being lost in his gaze.

"What do you do for him?" I ask softly, as I step closer to the man infront of me.

"What do you mean?" He asks, frowning.