Chapter 40.

—5 Hours Later—

Dominic

"GET RID OF THE EVIDENCE NOW!" I shout angrily, venom leaking from my voice as I fling a wooden chair across the room, smashing it to pieces.

The group of men standing around me in the room flinches at the sound of my voice and begins to scatter like headless chickens, retreating from the confines of my office.

My blood was boiling, I was seeing red, and I was seething like a rabid beast. We needed to find our rat, and find it quickly! The FBI was cleaning our warehouses out. More information had been leaked, and I didn't have the slightest idea who the source was.

My body was trembling with barely contained rage. My thirst for blood, and answers was overwhelming, and the beast that laid dormant inside of me for months, was slowly awakening and craving bloodshed.

Struggling to contend with the voilent lust running through my veins, I grab my glass of whiskey from the table and down the harsh liquid in one fell gulp.

The burn soothes my throat, but the distraction wasn't enough.

If I didn't get some good news, and get it soon, I was going to lose my patience and do some shit I didn't think through.

"Don Gambino." Giovanni's familiar voice mutters behind me, and my skin prickles at the tone of his voice.

I didn't even notice when he entered my office.

Clenching my teeth sharply, I turn to face my Capo. The look on his face, was grim. The glare in his eyes were fierce, and telling. He was boiling.

"Tell me." I mutter, the words feeling like bricks as they left my mouth.

"It's not good." He mutters, and my jaws lock in irritation. I was already fuming, and hearing him say this was only fanning the flames.

"There is never anything fucking good to report these days." I mutter darkly behind my clenched teeth as my blood begins to prickle under my skin.

"Well? Spit it out. What happened?" I query curiously when Giovanni remains silent at my quiet outburst.

"Viktor and Kylie were attacked. He was shot three times, and...Kylie, was taken." He mutters monotonously, and my heart crashes against my ribcage with a force that knocked the breath out of my lungs.

A cold stillness settles over me like an invisible cloak as Giovanni's words register slowly in my ear.

"What, did you just say?"

—That Night—

In a dark basement,
Somewhere.

Kylie

I couldn't feel anything.

My body felt like it was balancing in–between life and death, and I often found myself getting closer and closer to a bright white light, only to be sucked back into a soul chilling darkness that I couldn't escape.

There was a chill inside my bones that I couldn't shake. My body shivers relentlessly, and the hard concrete floor under me, bites into my flesh.

Hissing sharply, I peel my eyes open slowly as a harsh gasp escape my mouth. I was in a dark, cold, empty room chained by my wrists to a solid, concrete wall.

The tiny hair on my skin stands on end as my memories flit back to the forefront of my mind, and I start panicking.

"No, no, no, no, no. Not this, please! Not this!" I whimper softly, trying to pry the metal cuffs that held me bound in chains off my wrist.