Chapter 28.

- Two Weeks Later -

Dominic

"I thought I wouldn't hear from you for the next six months, to a year." I mutter conversationally in the phone pressed to my ear. The voice on the other end drawls a sarcastic response, and I stiffen.

"What?" I mutter lowly, my voice dropping as the tone of his voice changes on the other end of the call.

"You're fucking joking." I breathe, my grip on the phone tightening. Viktor looks up at me, arching his eyebrow in question. I walk away from the large table in my office to stand in front of the floor length window as I listened intently to the man speaking on the other end of the phone.

"When?" I ask, feeling my body begin to tremble with barely suppressed fury.

"Where?"

"How?"

"Tell me what you need." I growl darkly before turning to my desk and powering on the laptop that laid dormant there. Listening intently to the man on the other end, I quickly take a couple notes as per his instructions, focused, not wanting to miss a single thing he said.

His voice was level, and flat. A tone I knew all too well, a tone that only meant one thing, a tone that caused my own anger to come to a boil, a tone that fanned the flame of my own rage.

And the instructions he gave, the information he passed on, the images he planted in my head, I saw it clearly, I saw it all, and I wanted it, but not for me, no.

Within the next ten minutes, after a few short sentences being passed back and forth between the man on the phone and I, a plan was set, and ready to be put into motion.

I end the call as I look forward, Viktor and Dimitri eyeing me suspiciously. They knew something was up, something important, and they were right.

"Who was that?" Dimitri asks, nodding to the phone now facing down on the desk.

"That was Raphael, and you'd never fucking believe it."

"What happened? Where is he?" Viktor pipes up, coming to stand before me with his arms crossed over his chest.

"That motherfucker is in Scandavia." I breathe, my face pulling into a disbelieving smile as the pieces to a jigsaw puzzle began to click inside my mind.

"Scandavia? That's not exactly a vacation spot, so what the hell is he doing there?" Giovanni asks, looking up at me from his chair, a frown marring his face.

I purse my lips and square my shoulders as I prepared myself to relay the message to my men.

"He located Pierre. Our contact from the Capital, reached out a few weeks ago, while Kylie was just coming out of coma."

"You're serious?" Dimitri mutters stiffening, suddenly clenching and unclenching his fists. Not answering him, I peer into his eyes and narrow my gaze at him.

"Holy shit." Giovanni breathes, running his hands to his hair, as I finally processing the news.

"Why didn't we know about this?" Dimitri asks again, his body silently vibrating as the anger inside him brewed behind his eyes.

"You knew." Viktor mutters in observation, as he takes me in, and I nod once at his words.

"I did, but I wanted to keep it under wraps until we had confirmation." I mutter, returning my attention to the laptop on the desk before me.

"Okay, so what now?" Viktor asks, looking back at Dimitri who had resorted to pacing back and forth in the office.

"Now, he's transporting Pierre back to the states, and we need to make arrangements." I mutter conversationally, as I tapped on the keypads swiftly.