Chapter 08.

Kylie

I must have hit my head on the way coming out my room.

Did I have a death wish?

I could almost smell the metal of the gun pressed firmly to my head, my heart was logged in my throat and I felt nauseous.

I couldn't believe I'd spoken to Dominic, the Dominic Gambino, in such a disrespectful and heated manner.

I could laugh and cry at my stupidity.

Not only was he the son of the Don Gambino, he was heir to be the Don. I was shaking down to my bones. I could've bitten my tongue off.

When it came to Scarlette, I lost all my senses. I didn't know myself, I got defensive – too defensive, forgetting myself in the process and forgetting who the people I now lived with were.

My eyes squeeze shut tightly and I could feel death soaking my bones.

Why hadn't he pulled the trigger already? Why was he hesitating?

I slowly peel my eyes open to look at him through the curtain of hair that had fallen in my face.

The glare that was edged on his face made his steel blue eyes pop, the veins in his neck and arms protruded proudly.

'Fuck he looked sexy upset.'

'What the hell?'

'Kylie – this man has a gun pointed at your head.'

'I know that, then why the hell am I turned on?'

My legs buck and lock beneath me, my abdomen tightening and twisting unnaturally.

Maybe because I was so close to death, it warped my thoughts and made me weak in the knees.

'Then, why does between my legs feel – moist? '

'God, I'm a whore, a dirty fucking, whore.'

That's what the men I had to fuck for my father would call me while abusing my body for their pleasure.

Those men were sick! But, were they right? They had to be.

Here I was, almost soaking at my core for a man who held his gun to my head.

A staring contest ensues between us before  it was suddenly broken by the sound of long hard strides, and an extra body heat that suddenly stops next to us.

My head whips in that direction so fast I could've gotten whiplash. My eyes widen when they land on Giovanni. My mouth opens on a plea, but no words came out.

Giovanni's hard eyes meet mine for a few seconds before they slowly make there way towards Dominic.

"Dominic." He mutters carefully in a monotonous voice, not moving to help me out of my situation.

"Not now Giovanni!" Dominic mutters in a hard voice, his glare still digging into me.

Giovanni bows in respect before making his way away from us, not giving me so much as another glance.

I whimper bitterly, and meet Dominic's memorizing blue eyes.

He pulls the gun away from my forhead, and my chest expands as I inhale sharply.

He steps closer to me, placing both his hands beside my head, blocking all points of escape.

My throat clogs with the air I sucked in, almost choking me.