Chapter 34.

Electricity pulsed through the air around me, my heartbeat was steady, and my mind was silent. The night had been long and restless for me. Sleep was difficult to find because I knew, that today would be the day, that I faced my father.

I hadn't spoken a word all morning, and Viktor was visibly concerned and tensed as I went about my morning routine almost in a trance like state.

The evening came swift and before I knew it, I was in a SUV making my way to outskirts of Atlanta as we drove to the private base.

The air was thin and frigid, and I step out of the car only to shiver as the cool breeze brushed against my skin, causing condensed air to form on my breath.

"Are you okay?" Viktor asks, squeezing my shoulders tenderly as he comes to stand before me.

Looking up at him, I nod once, unable to form words. He takes me into his arms and gives me a swift hug before pulling away and taking my hand to lead me into an abandoned warehouse building.

Rapheal and Dominic were walking ahead of us as Viktor and I strolled behind them.

We walked deeper into the building, taking multiple turns, until we came deeper and deeper into the belly of the warehouse.

I could hear the sound of muffled screams echoing from down the hall, and my shoulder tenses at the familiarity at the sound of the voice.

Dominic who I still hadn't spoken to looks over his shoulder at me with a look of concern, before he turns away.

"Kylie, you can turn back right now. Noone will judge you if you do."

"I'm not turning back." I mutter darkly, my voice sounding unrecognizable. Viktor stiffens beside me, and hums once.

We make a final turn where a big metal door was kept shut, closely guarded by two big, burly men.

They see us approaching and without a word from the two men in front, one opens the door allowing us to walk in.

As soon as I step through the door, the thick stench of blood and piss attacks my nostrils, causing me to double over and gag.

"Kylie!" Viktor mutters in worry as he grabs hold of my forearm, holding me up.

"I'm fine!" I growl in irritation as I pull me arm out of his tight grip. Stepping further into the room, I hear the sound of fist meeting bone, the sound of the bone breaking, and a scream that sets the tiniest hairs on my scalp to stand on end.

"Leave us." I hear Raphael's powerful voice echo loudly around the room, and I watch as three rough looking men slowly walk around us with their heads lowered respectfully.

Standing in the shadows, I watch the scene unfold before me.

Rapheal takes a seat infront of the shirtless man that was tied down to a wooden chair and badly beaten.

From where I stood I could see the blood stains all across his body and face, and I knew from the looks of his wounds that his punishment hadn't started here.

Old wounds as well as fresh ones were visible from where I stood, and the sight made my blood simmer.

"My friend, it is indeed good to see that you're still holding up. I'm happy that you haven't past out, because I have a surprise for you." Rapheal mutters mockingly with a chuckle.

Pierre's head bobs uncontrollably as he struggles to lift his head to meet Raphael's gaze.

"Please, kill me now." He begs, causing Rapheal to chuckle at his request.