Chater 29.

Kylie

It was glamorous on the outside, and even more spectacular inside the restaurant.

Dominic and I were seated in a comfortable booth at the back of the restaurant, in a private and secluded area, and were given a tall glass of complimentary champagne to start us off, as the waiter took his time explaining the menu.

Walking into the restaurant clutched to Dominic's side was nerve wracking to say the very least. From the eyes we got from the other patreons who observed us together – whispering to each other, to the number of unsolicited greetings we received from people I personally didn't know, was making me slightly nervous and edgy.

Dominic observes me from across the table as I look around the restaurant silently, appreciating it's decor.

"Kylie, would you like to order?" He asks, capturing my attention. I look up at him, and shrug before taking a menu into my hand.

"Um, can I have the Oregano Steak, well done, with a side of mashed potatoes?" I ask looking up at the young waiter expectantly. He smiles at me while he takes my order.

"Wonderful choice ma'am." He mutters politely, then turns his attention to Dominic, and quickly pens his order as well.

"Okay, I will be back shortly with your meal. Do enjoy your evening, and the entertainment we have in stored for you pleasure." He mutters professionally, a smile to his face.

I return his smile, as he walks away.

"He seems so friendly, and professional." I mutter to Dominic, and his eyes shifts as he watches the young waiter bounds away.

"I'll have to tip him heavily tonight." He mutters softly, and I smile at his words.

"The restaurant is gorgeous, and the ambience...it's so, rich...luxurious." I comment in observation, and Dominic nods in agreement.

"So, you like it?"

"Yes, I do like it actually. Why?"

"No particular reason, depending on how tonight goes. I'll probably propose a partnership to Caswell, the owner."

"That would be good for the business."
I mutter in response, as a band begins to pick up a tune across the floor. The musical notes float through the room,  setting a soothing vibe.

"Kylie." I hear Dominic utter my name softly, drawing my attention to him.

"Yes?" I ask, turning my full attention to him, as I watch his chest inflate.

"There are a few things, I need to talk to you about."

I nod slowly at his words, already knowing at the back of my head that something was up when he sent Giovanni to deliver a dress and heels for our 'date' tonight.

"Okay, what do you want to talk to me about?"

"There is no easy to say this Kylie, but... given the state, that you have been in, in recent times, and the level of concern, that I and other members of the family share for your physical well-being, and cognizance. I wanted to... extend some form of assistance to you." He mutters, struggling to pick his words. I narrow my eyes at this, suspicion rolling through me. Dominic was never the kind of man to try and sugar coat anything.

"You're beating around the bush." I mutter pointedly, meeting his eyes. He exhales sharply and nods once as his shoulders relaxed.

"I want you to get therapy." He mutters deadpan, as if thankful he no longer had to try and pick at his words.

"Therapy?" I ask, a deep frown marring my face, as my heart contracts painfully inside my chest.

"Yes."