Chapter Two// Tryouts

//ALEX//

She ran away crying, I feel terrible now. I never meant for her to cry, I hate when girls cry. And it was all my fault too. If I never snapped.

Fuck.

I wonder if I should go knock on her door but i don't want to bother her, I should give her space since that's what girls like right? I hope.

Otherwise I'm going to seem like more of a jerk and I have to live with her. Under the same roof!

And why the hell didn't anyone tell me! Like I live here too. I don't really mind being the only boy or I don't let it bother me since my dad is on deployment and I have two sisters, plus Aeron.

I finish my food and run downstairs.

My moms sitting at the table with my sisters eating. I rinse my plate off.

"Hey mom I have lacrosse tryouts tomorrow after school so I'll come home earlier," I remind her.

"Okay that's great, I have a yoga class around then so I don't think I'll be home by then so why don't you just order Chinese or pizza for dinner," she offers and finishes her food.

"Okay I will," I say.

"Mom I have cheer practice after school," Sarah reminds.

"Okay sweetie," my mom says and goes to the sink."Here, go share with Aeron."

She hands me a box of brownies. Guess that's what's he wanted to give us. Whenever she would come over we would eat the whole box to ourselves. It's kind of our thing. Hah.

I smile, I don't really want to tell my mom that we aren't good or else she'll go all therapist like on me.

"Save them for tomorrow, I don't think she's hungry," I say.

"You sure?" She asks.

That's obviously why I said it.

"Yep," I run back up stairs.

Aeron comes out of her room. She looks up at me and becomes stiff. She looks back down and goes for the stairs.

///

The whole day I've been in such a pissy mood. My friends haven't really noticed though, which is good. I don't need to explain or want to that I've been living with Aeron.

They don't even know who that is, they would love to meet her though. Thinking of that I should invite them over sometime.

"Hey! You were great out there," Brett yells.

"Dude you don't need to yell but thanks," I smile and pack up my bag.

"Well anyways, what's up with you? You're very off," he asks.

"Nothing," I mutter.

"Tell me!" He demands.

I start walking away and he follows.

"Girls," I say.

"Bella? But you and her seemed fine today at lunch. Look there she comes!" He points to Bella.

"Not her," I say.

She comes running over and pecks my lips.

"Then who?" Brett asks.

Bella turns over and smiles. Her brown hair goes to her mid back and brown eyes furrow.

"Who what?" She asks.

I give Brett a look, seriously! She hates when I'm with other girls! She's the super jealous type.

"Oh just my sisters," I lie.