Chapter Twenty// Beach, Beach

//ALEX//

"I can't believe today is the last day of spring break," I complain.

Aeron and I are walking home from the bus stop. I went to pick her up from the airport, she went to visit her mom and other family down in Colorado.

But now she's back.

I'm also mad that I had to wake up so freaking early to get her from the air port.

"Well I know you love the beach, did you go?" She asks.

"No, it literally rained for seven days and now it stopped, it's bullshit," I snap.

"Why don't we go today?" She asks. "The weather is beautiful and wouldn't hurt to have a little fun before break is really over."

"I guess we could," I smile.

"You call everyone and tell them to come, I'll tell my mom and yeah," I explain as we walk into the house.

"You're home!" Rachel runs up to Aeron and hugs her.

"I missed you too," Aeron smiles and heads up stairs.

"Mother," I call.

"Yeah," she comes out of her room.

"Aeron and I want to do a beach day," I say.

"Go for it, but please be safe, go on base and make sure you're not alone," she explains. "I'm taking your sisters to a movie so be good."

"Okay," I yell as I walk up stairs.

"I trust you," she says.

I get upstairs and change into black swim trunks with a white t shirt for now.

You know what irritates me? The fact that as soon as Aeron left the weather was crap and now that she's back everything just wants to shine.

I walk out and go to Aeron's room. She's already changed and is ready.

Aeron is wearing a coral bikini with black bottoms with a white cut t shirt, that's see through on with black sandals.

She even has makeup on. She never wears makeup.

Colorado changed her, something, because this girl never wears makeup, only on occasion.

"Everyone said they can go," she smiles.

"Everyone as in?" I ask.

I was oblivious to when I said invite everyone to who I meant when I said everyone.

"Carter, Brett, Jenny, Carrie, that one guy Logan, Chris, and Bella," she says.

"Wait who?" I ask.

I think I heard Bella.

"I invited Bella because I felt bad, I don't want to be on bad sides with her," Aeron explains as she backs her beach bag.

"But-"

"But Alex, it's been three months, I think you're great. You have a girlfriend now, you never think of Bella that much. It's just a small get together," she says.

"What's in it for you?" I ask.

"Free frozen yogurt," she smiles and pulls me out the door.

"I figured," I laugh.

We get out the house and I lock it. We stairs to walk to the beach and Brett finds us.

"Hey! I missed you so much," he lifts up Aeron and spins her in a hug.