Epilogue

//AERON//

"I HATE YOU!" I scream.

I take the sledgehammer and crush the wall.

More like a medium sized hole in the wall.

"ITS ONLY BEEN A WEEK AND LOOK AT WHAT YOUVE DONE TO ME!" I yell. "Brett I'm broken, why'd you leave me babe? Why'd you fucking leave me?"

"Why would you leave me here? To think about you! It's killing me brett. It's killing me. Why'd you have to go? Everywhere I go I see you! You're in every song I listen to, every smile I see. It's killing me," I cry.

"Ever since you left us, m-me Brett I can't close my eyes to sleep without bursting into a puddle of tears and thinking that you hate me," I cry. "You hate me because I live with Alex. Or because I'm me. I'm starting to think you never wanted to date me. That it was all just a lie. Because I'm me. No he likes me."

I take the sledgehammer and hit a table. The four legs fall off and the table breaks in half.

I drop the sledgehammer and grab a plate. I chuck it at the ground and it shatters into a bunch of pieces.

"Just like my heart," I mumble.

"That was great!" Julianne starts to clap for me.

"Thanks," I mumble. "But let's go and get this dance over with."

"Let's get to it," Julianne offers me her hand.

I take it and we walk to the fitting rooms.

Julianne thought it would be a good idea for me to get my anger out. So I took her offer. There's this basement and she tells me she goes down there a lot.

It helped a little I guess.

I didn't go to school today or yesterday. I don't know when I'll be ready.

Julianne hands me my costume and I head to change.

I take off my leggings and oversized sweatshirt and put on a black leotard that's long sleeves. It's a floral lace with an open whole right on my chest.

I come out of the fitting room and am dragged to makeup.

He does black eyeliner and mascara.

"That's it?" I ask.

"Yeah, i like your eyes right now. This dance is emotional and you've been crying," he says.

"Yeah," I say and get up.

I grab my jacket and stand backstage.

Someone touches my back and i turn around.

It's Alex.

"Hi," I smile.

"Hey, don't stress. You don't have to do this if you don't want to," he says.

"No, I want to," I give him a soft smile. He kisses my forehead and walks away.

Julianne appears next to me wearing the exact same thing.

"You ready?" She asks.

If you keep saying that no.

"Yeah."

We're called into stage as a guest artist.

They state our names and what school I go to.

It's not like I'm famous or anything.

The lights go off and the music starts. The song is Haunted by Beyoncé, live.

I smile at that, I get to see Beyonce at least.

The light flashes on and we start to dance. I just go to the beat of the music and do my part.

Everyone is staring.

I breathe and keep going.

After about three minutes the song is over and Julianne and I bow.

"Thank you," I look at her.

"You're welcome, but thank you for having the courage for after all that's happened to you this last week. You're truly amazing," she smiles.

I give her a smile and hug her.

We walk off stage as they start to clear the set for the next dance that comes on.

I find Alex and he hugs me.

"You're amazing," he smiles.

"Thank you. I'm going to go and take a minute in a studio," I say.

I grab my jacket and run out side. The closest studio is right behind the event.

I step inside studio one.

The door opens behind me and Alex comes in.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"I don't think I can dance again," I cry.

He comes over and holds my hands.

"Why?"

"Because I'm hurting too much that dancing can't even help."

"Aeron this is your passion, I don't think you should give it because someone died," he says.

I wipe my tears and sniffle.

"Alex, there's a hole in my heart. I would normally dance to feel better but right now, when I just danced out there something felt wrong. I didn't feel like I was flying when I leaped, I didn't get the excitement in my turns. I felt empty," I explain. "I don't want to dance if I don't feel happy about it."

"Will you ever dance again?" He asks.

"Honestly I don't know. I love it but right now I don't. I think I'm done, I think I'm done with dance," I say.

Gulp.

"If that's what you want Aeron, but you just danced on dancing with the stars if you haven't noticed. I wish we could restart this whole mess but we can't. And people love you're dancing, I bet you'll get calls after this show for people to get you to come to their studios so you can compete on their dance team," Alex laughs.

"I never knew you would know so much about dance," I smirk. "But honestly I'm done with dancing."

"Brett made too big of an impact on my heart, now I have to cope and deal with that some other way," I smile. "But me too Alex. I wish we could restart this whole thing. Hah, maybe you and I could have fallen in love."

"Yeah," he smiles. "Maybe."