Chapter Twenty One// Hate

//AERON//

"Brett come on," I grab his hand but he pushes me away.

"No I- I am annoyed that- that you live with Alex," he yells.

"But Alex doesn't like me," I defend. "And why does that bother you?"

"Because Aeron I love you and you live with him. And he likes you," he says.

"Brett I don't like him, I like you. So don't worry about me and alex, he's more of my best friend than anything," I say more reassuring.

"But I don't feel comfortable that he is with you all the time at home," he says.

"Well he's your bestfriend and you should trust him," I say kind of snappy.

"Yeah, maybe I should," he scratches the back of his neck.

"So you don't trust me?" I ask.

"No it's not that," he yells.

"Well that's what you mean? You don't trust me because of that one kiss! Brett what's wrong? Today is supposed to be one good day and you're giving me crap," I yell.

"Aeron that's not what I meant," his voice becomes softer.

"No Brett that hurts my feelings, all this time I thought you trusted me but you don't. Brett I don't know how many times I have to tell you but I don't like Alex, I don't," I yell at him.

"Nice to know," I look at the door and Alex is standing there. He has the kind of smile on his face where he doesn't mean it.

He looks me in the eye and breaks out eye contact when he walks way.

Fuck.

"Thanks Brett," I give him the smile Alex gave me.

"Aeron don't do that," he says.

My eyes fill with tears.

He's giving me emotions, where I hate him and love him. I just hate being those couples that say it right when they start to date. It has been a month and I think I'm ready to say it.

"Brett I-I lo-" I start.

"No, save it. I'm tired of this, you don't love me, if you did." He takes a minute. "If you did, you wouldn't be crying."

"Brett," I say. He looks at me, just waiting. "Do you even love me?"

He rolls his eyes.

"No Aeron, I hate you," he snaps and brushes his shoulder against mine as he runs out the balcony door.

I fall to my knees and start to cry.

I'm so stupid, I wanted to tell him I love him and he told me he hates me. That I'm crying so that i don't, but I do. I really do.

The door opens and Sarah is standing right there.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

I give her a fake smile and stand up.

"I hurt Brett's feelings, then I hurt Alex's, and then Brett hurt my feelings," I wipe my eyes and head to the door.

She gives me a hug.

"It'll be okay, go talk to alex," she says.

"I think I will," I smile again and we walk into the house.

She heads to her room and I walk over to Alex's. I knock on his door three times and I wipe my tears.

He hates me. Why does he hate me? What did I do? He walked away and he hates me? I'm so stupid. Why did I ever think he would like me? I'm so, so stupid.