Chapter Fourteen// Death-Date

//ALEX//

I can't freaking sleep and I'm over it. I wake up at six thirty and it's only six. What the hell man?

Aeron usually comes running in here yelling that I'm going to be late and I'm already up.

Why?

I get up and walk over to Aeron's room. She's sitting crossed crossed on her bed surrounded by clothes, staring into her closet like its a movie.

"Happy birth-"

She interrupts,"I can't find anything to freaking wear."

Well then.

I walk into her room more and sit next to her.

She leans down and finds a sweatshirt. It's a black hoodie that says dance in big white letters.

"Aeron you're not wearing a hoodie on your-"

She interrupts again.

"Do you have something better in mind?" She rises her eyebrows.

"Yes I do," I stand up and stretch my back making it pop.

That's better.

I go to her closet and find a pair of light wash high wasted skinny jeans.

"Here," I hand them to her.

Then I go back to looking and find and a black crop top with colorful palm tree leaves that flows.

"And white converse," I hand the shirt to her.

"Not bad," she says.

"Happy birthday," I say.

"Thanks," she mutters.

I go into hug her and she hugs me back. She stays hugging me though.

I could honestly stay like this forever.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Yeah," she sniffles and breaks our hug."Youre up early."

She laughs but her eyes are watery.

I wonder if she's okay?

"Wait instead of converse wear some sandals," I suggest.

"Ugh no, i have a bunch of blisters and no one wants to see that," she explains.

"Aeron i think that shows character, that you work hard for what you want while dancing and your feet explain a lot," I say.

"You're a very inspirational person Alex," she smiles.

God damn her smile is my weakness.

"I try," i say."But dont worry, weve got a whole day head of us."

"Like what?" She asks.

"I have to go and shower now," I smile and leave her speechless.

I go to the bathroom and turn the water on. I grab my phone and call Carter. I got her number from Aeron just in case i get phone died and she was at dance practice.

After i think the fifth ring she answers.

"What the hell do you want?" She yells."Why would you want me up at freaking six in the morning?"

"Don't you have to get ready for school?" I ask.

"Yes but i let my brother wake me up at six thirty ans i run around the house trying to put my makeup on because i cherish sleep very much now please tell me why you called me?" She asks."Oh my gosh! Is Aeron still alive? Is she having a panic attack? Oh my gosh if she is just do the breath in for five seconds and hold for five then let go for five. And give her water. Oh my gosh Alex stop listening to me do something dammit!"